Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a future office in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
We are looking for more than what a resume can show. If you don’t have the exact experience or skills, but think you’d be a great addition to MasterClass, please apply for the role.
What You Will Do:
- Drive revenue and own the full cycle sales process, including prospecting new leads, navigating the C-suite and business line owners, negotiating contracts, and closing new and renewal business with customers for a company size of 5000+ employees
- Formulate and execute an extensive sales strategy for a complex technical suite of products within the assigned territory, deliver pipeline development, acquire new customers and grow revenue
- Conduct extensive discovery and qualification and understand customer needs and be able to craft specific and tailored solutions for our customers to address their needs
- Make sales presentations to customers and prospects at all levels and in various departments (such as HR, Marketing, and Engineering) of Fortune 1,000 companies of other accounts within a prescribed territory.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to understand your customer's desired business outcomes and propose appropriate HR/transformation strategies to ensure success;
- Ability to align technology solutions to complex, multi-stakeholder business problems and utilize strategic thinking skills to solve customer problems
- Acquire and integrate industry and geographic knowledge related to general trends, emerging technologies, and competitors
- Invest in your personal, professional, and financial development to achieve greater sales skills and product knowledge
- Accurately forecast profitable and predictable territory performance and required resources through adherence to our sales process.
- Advocate your customers' implementations and maintain customer satisfaction by ensuring timely resolution of any customer service related issues
- 10+ years of Enterprise sales experience, preferably selling a technical product, with a track record of top performance
- Experience in solution sales managing complex sales cycles with demonstrated ownership of territory and account management, preferably within SaaS and HR applications
- Ability to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Ability to develop and execute account plans spanning multiple business units across complex organizations
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Proven ability to lead complex negotiations involving bespoke commercial agreements
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong ability to demonstrate value proposition & return on investment in complex environments to a wide variety of individuals; technical and/or executive audiences.
- Track record of consistent over-achievement of quotas, revenue goals, and the ability to effectively identify and sell to C-level executives
- Technologically adept and business acumen focused with outstanding communication both written and oral, negotiation and presentation skills
- Ability to work individually and on a collaborative team in a fast-paced and continuously evolving environment
- Bachelor's degree (sales training methodologies is a plus)
- Ability to travel when required
$150,000 + bonus plan
The salary range above is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer a bonus plan, equity, and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, and more). The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1