Here at Ellucian, we are motivated by a mission - power education so institutions can empower student success. We are the global market leader in EdTech for higher education, serving more than 2,900 customers and reaching over 22 million students in 50 countries. We are dedicated to helping higher education unlock learning for all by providing solutions that support the entire student lifecycle and deliver insights needed now and into the future.
We embrace the power to lead, the courage to innovate, and the determination to grow. At our core, we believe in humanizing our approach, recognizing that our people are our greatest strength. With a shared vision of transformation, we endeavor to shape a brighter future for higher education.
About the Opportunity
As the Event Marketing Manager, you will drive Ellucian’s event presence at key national events (including conferences, tradeshows, summits, etc.) and partner closely with sales and cross-functional marketing teams to develop, execute and report on integrated event marketing programs aligned to support demand generation and deal acceleration within North America. This position requires a unique blend of modern B2B marketing experience, creativity, with an analytical mindset. Strong candidates will have shown an ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve operations, communications, and team collaboration. Essential to the role is an ability to seek out and report on program impact, while also building partnership and alignment with sales and cross-functional marketing teams who operate in a remote team environment.
Where you will make an impact
- Drive event marketing program delivery from budgeting and planning through in-person execution and post-event impact reporting.
- Develop and document best practices for planning and executing events with cross-functional corporate event and global field marketing stakeholders
- Project manage each event to ensure smooth delivery and cross-functional coordination on timely delivery of marketing tactics that support the event and growth campaigns
- Serve as the “connective tissue” between revenue, CSM, product, and marketing teams representing the greater global marketing organization to ensure alignment and transparency in event delivery
- Design and execute on event marketing programs that support SaaS modernization acceleration and net new growth measured in terms of generating marketing qualified leads, pipeline creation and pipeline acceleration
- Measure and communicate the impact of event marketing programs as it relates to campaign performance, conversion to qualified leads, pipeline generation and velocity
What you will bring
- The ideal candidate will have 3-4 years of field or event marketing experience working in B2B organizations and will have a successful track record of partnering with sales and collaborating with cross-functional marketing teams to plan, execute, follow up and measure event marketing programs. Specific preferred qualifications include:
- 3-4 years in event marketing - B2B, high tech/SaaS or higher ed preferred
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of event management tools and solutions
- Experience negotiating event sponsorship agreements
- 1-2 year’s experience in project management roles
- Ability to forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of regional demand programs in terms of KPIs aligned to sales models
- Experience in designing integrated event marketing programs that include multichannel tactics such as marketing email automation, paid media, events, webinars, etc.
- Excellent program management, calendar timeline, and budget management experience
- Knowledge & understanding of event operational requirements and strategies with ability to prioritize deliverables & event plans around those needs
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau and team project management tools such as Monday.com desirable
- Record of operational improvements that enabled scale and increased stakeholder satisfaction
- Experience in the Education or Higher Education tech sector a plus
- Track record of developing and managing strong partnerships across cross-functional teams including sales and marketing
What makes #Ellucianlife
- Comprehensive health coverage: medical, dental, and vision
- Flexible time off
- Thrive Flex Program that allows you to contribute towards your health, financial or learning interests
- 401k w/ match & Bright Plan - to help you save for the future
- Parental Leave
- Charitable leave – 40 hours/year
- Ginger (mental health)
- Wellbeats (virtual fitness classes)
- Rethink & Wellthy– caregiver support
- Diversity and inclusion programs which provide access to internal employee resource groups
- Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- Professional development opportunities
At Ellucian, we believe in the “power of together.” We embrace an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace, and believe that our differences help inspire a culture of acceptance that makes our company more collaborative and innovative. We’re proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other characteristic protected by law. We welcome you to come as you are!