IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 13 million students worldwide, is seeking an experienced, passionate educator to join our team as a Language Arts Curriculum Designer and help shape our exceptional K-12 language arts content.
As a Language Arts Curriculum Designer at IXL, you will design engaging and interactive online problems and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and our team of writers and editors to bring your designs to life. Your educational insight, creative solutions, strong writing skills, and commitment to quality will make personalized learning a reality for millions of students.
This is a full-time position in our Raleigh, NC office with a hybrid work schedule.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Design and write clear, engaging, and interactive language arts problems to meet specified educational objectives
- Edit user-facing content and collaborate with our team of writers, editors, and illustrators to ensure content is fun, accurate, and age-appropriate
- Manage projects and collaborate with software engineers, visual designers, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality language arts content
- Brainstorm ideas for improving IXL’s existing language arts content
- Research and review IXL's alignment to educational standards, common assessments, and popular textbooks or lesson plans
- Stay current on related scholarly and business trends
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD in Education, English, Linguistics, or a related field
- English teaching, tutoring, or mentoring experience
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly and concisely with a wide range of age groups
- Ability to think strategically and creatively solve problems
- Can-do attitude with an openness to others' ideas and a strong attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn new guidelines and software; familiarity with HTML, Jira, or Git is a plus
- Experience in curriculum development and instructional design is a plus
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION
- Your resume
- A cover letter under 600 words that addresses the following questions: What are some challenges in developing online English Language Arts content for K-12 students? How might your background and skill set help you address those challenges?
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is a leading educational technology company on a big mission: creating innovative learning experiences that help all learners reach their full potential. IXL's comprehensive curriculum and insightful analytics help more than 900,000 teachers deliver personalized instruction, and empower over 14 million students to achieve new learning milestones every day.