About the role:
John Wiley & Sons is seeking a Systems Engineer, specializing in Microsoft technologies, to join the Global CIO Enterprise Infrastructure Team. The individual will play a pivotal role in designing, implementing, and maintaining a robust and efficient IT infrastructure within Wiley. This role requires a deep understanding of Microsoft technologies and systems and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure seamless operations.
This position offers a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, where you will contribute significantly to the organization's IT infrastructure, bridging the gap between on-premises and cloud solutions. If you are passionate about Microsoft technologies and eager to tackle complex challenges in a hybrid IT landscape, we invite you to join our team and help shape the future of our IT operations.
How you will make an impact:
- System Design and Architecture: Collaborate with stakeholders to design and architect Microsoft-based systems and solutions, ensuring they align with the organization's strategic goals and security standards.
- Infrastructure Deployment: Deploy, configure, and maintain Microsoft server environments, including Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, and Azure services. Ensure system scalability and performance optimization.
- Azure knowledge: Resource Management, Virtual Machines, VNets, AzureAD/EntraID, Storage Services, IAM, AVD’s, Intune etc.
- Security and Compliance: Implement and enforce security best practices, including access controls, patch management, and threat mitigation. Ensure compliance with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Troubleshooting and Support: Provide expert-level support for Microsoft systems, diagnosing and resolving complex issues in a timely manner. Collaborate with the helpdesk and support teams to address end-user problems.
- Automation and Scripting: Develop scripts and automation tools to streamline routine tasks and enhance system efficiency. Embrace DevOps principles to improve deployment processes.
- Backup and Disaster Recovery: Establish and maintain robust backup and disaster recovery solutions for Microsoft systems, minimizing downtime and data loss.
- Documentation: Create and maintain comprehensive documentation, including system configurations, procedures, and best practices, to ensure knowledge transfer and continuity.
- Upgrades and Migrations: Plan and execute system upgrades, migrations, and patch management activities, keeping systems up to date and secure.
- Leadership: Lead participants in successfully executing key technical projects
- Collaboration: Work closely with cross-functional teams, such as network administrators, software developers, and security experts to solve challenges and integrate Microsoft systems seamlessly into the overall IT ecosystem.
- Training and Knowledge Sharing: Stay up to date with the latest Microsoft technologies and share knowledge with team members. Provide training and guidance to junior staff members.
We are looking for people with:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Microsoft certification, such as MCSA, MCSE, or equivalent, is highly desirable.
- Proven experience in designing, implementing, and managing Microsoft-based systems in hybrid environments.
- Proficiency in Windows Server, Active Directory, Azure, and related technologies.
- Strong scripting and automation skills (PowerShell, Ansible & YAML preferred/desirable.)
- Knowledge of cloud computing and virtualization technologies.
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong commitment to security and compliance standards.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to articulate issues and help the team to resolve them.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.