, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We work with more than 2,500 institutions to drive transformative change through data-driven insights and best-in-class capabilities. From kindergarten to college to career, EAB partners with leaders and practitioners to accelerate progress and drive results across five major areas: enrollment, student success, institutional strategy, data & analytics, and diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). We work with each partner differently, tailoring our portfolio of research, technology, and marketing and enrollment solutions to meet the unique needs of every leadership team, as well as the students and employees they serve.
At EAB, we serve not only our partner institutions but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their communities. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards
The Role in Brief:
Partner Development Executive
Partner Development Executives at EAB are responsible for establishing relationships with key decision makers within education institutions.
We hire persuasive leaders with a knack for teaching and explaining concepts – people who are comfortable listening to our partners and then mapping their problems to our services and solutions. As our ambassadors and connectors, Partner Development Executives are pivotal to the growth of our firm.
As a Partner Development Executive, you will be responsible for generating leads and managing the sales process in order to convert new partners. We are seeking sales professionals who have a strong record of success achieving and exceeding sales goals within a team selling environment.
When you work at EAB in Partner Development, you’ll be making a difference toward fulfilling our mission of making education smarter and our communities stronger. Our people care about doing their best, and our collaborative environment is energizing and rewarding. You’ll be part of a work environment where your voice counts and even small ideas can lead to big opportunities.
Partner Development Executives may be based in Washington, DC; Richmond, VA; or remotely within the continental United States. Remote candidates with willingness to travel are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
- Prospect and build new business within an assigned territory of education institutions; acquire new partners successfully and negotiate to expand services for existing partners
- Build relationships by meeting with leaders to discuss their strategic challenges and opportunities, present best practice solutions and effectively sell the vision of EAB’s capabilities
- Conduct live presentations, including diagnostic evaluations and technical demonstrations, to understand prospective partner needs and educate key stakeholders on the value of EAB products and services
- Meet annual revenue goals through management of a sales pipeline with pursuits in various stages of the evaluation process
- Work with other sales, marketing and delivery team members to drive increased revenue within an assigned portfolio of institutions
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of competitors
- Provide insights from partner development visits to inform future research initiatives and new product development inquiries
- Indirectly manage team members to goals, providing formal feedback and guidance on professional development
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Proven track record of success exceeding personal revenue targets in business development roles
- Experience representing complex products or services to external partners in a trusted, consultative capacity
- Ability to negotiate and excellent persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 25-50%
- Valid driver’s license
- Professional experience in at least three of the following:
- Higher education or K-12 sector
- Delivering client presentations and facilitating discussions
- Sales or Account Management
- Teaching and/or breaking down complex or abstract ideas into simpler concepts
- Partner management
- 5+ years of relevant full-time professional experience
- Experience selling consultative, information-based, or technology-driven services, preferably in the education sector
- Experience working within a college, university or K-12 setting, or deep understanding of the processes, difficulties, and opportunities within education
- Desire to achieve success in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future value proposition of a product or service
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quota and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to listen and diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to indirectly manage a Sales Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities, strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills, and familiarity with formal and informal RFP procedures
- Consultative sales experience
- Commitment to valuing diversity, practicing inclusive behaviors, and contributing to an equitable working and continual learning environment in support of EAB’s DE&I Promise
If you’ve reached this section of the job description and are unsure of whether to apply, please do! At EAB, we welcome diversity of background and experience. We would encourage you to submit an application if this is a role you would be passionate about doing every day.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive and inclusive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance; dependents and domestic partners eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days of PTO annually, in addition to paid firm holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
- Phase Back to Work program for employees returning from parental leave
- Infertility treatment coverage and adoption or surrogacy assistance
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and are committed to fostering a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.