Could your creative thinking build the future?
When was the last time you experienced the impact of your work? Our K-12 team thrives on building meaningful relationships with educators and learners. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes. Marketing Associate at McGraw Hill make a difference for learners and educators across the world. Our team needs individuals with new ideas who connect with people in innovative ways. Our School Group has an opportunity for a Marketing Associate to support the Mathematics portfolio. The selected candidate will work in a collaborative environment and partner with the team to create opportunities for learners. This marketing leader will be responsible for leading the strategy, planning, and execution of high-impact marketing initiatives that include market research, customer segmentation, market assessment, competitive positioning, pricing, go-to-market plans, as well as informing product development across product lines. This is a high impact position focused on executing to drive growth for our products. This position can be filled remotely.
What you will be doing:
- In partnership with marketing, sales, and product development, the Marketing Associate brings the voice of the customer to life in everything -conveying insightful questions that challenge the status quo as you assist the product team with the development of revenue targets, accurate forecasting, profitability, and pricing.
- Champion teachers and their needs, by understanding product usage in the classroom and trends to create programs and campaigns.
- Understand the competitive landscape and provide insights to support sales and product plan development.
- Offer insightful questions that challenge the status quo. Drive pricing and promotional tactics and strategies to achieve business objectives and optimize product profitability in collaboration with Product Development.
- Reviewing and translating insightful, comprehensive market research to understand the needs of the market and integrate them into our marketing strategies.
- Developing value proposition and messaging that speaks to customer needs and the product positioning.
- Managing creative production for content, promotional, and thought leadership assets, including print and online collateral, internal training materials and presentations, customer-facing product and market presentations, and sales enablement materials.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful:
- 1+ year experience in Marketing Communication, Product Marketing, or related marketing or sales functions preferably within the K-12 educational publishing industry or Ed Tech.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications highly preferred.
- Direct experience in K-12 education highly preferred.
- History of implementing best practice related to pricing, campaigning, positioning, and new product development
- Experience with successful product launches.
- Experience leading segmentation, positioning, pricing, campaigning, and new product development practices.
- Confidence and willingness to take calculated risks and make smart data directed decisions.
- Experience working with Sales leadership to identify improvements in Marketing and sales support strategy.
- The desire to learn, ask questions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Proven influencing skills with all levels of the organization.
The work you do at McGraw Hill will be work that matters. We are collectively designing content that will build the future of education. Play your part and experience a sense of fulfillment that will inspire you to even great heights.
The pay range for this position is between $50,000 - $55,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience and location. An annual bonus plan may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and/or other benefits, depending on the position offered.