Parchment helps lifelong learners around the world make the most of their learning achievements, by helping to turn their credentials into opportunities. It’s an important mission and because of that, we actively seek employees that are passionate about education, technology, and bringing solutions to the market that solve our customer’s problems.
As a key cross–functional player within the Marketing team and across the company, the ideal Sr. Portfolio Marketing Manager will have a collaborative mentality and a positive attitude. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the success of the Parchment Award product portfolio for Higher Ed by overseeing the entire customer lifecycle and ensuring a successful buyer journey. You'll work closely with the Executive, Product, Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to craft the go-to-market (GTM) strategy for the Parchment Award platform. You will do this by developing compelling messaging and positioning and creating innovative marketing materials that drive demand. This position will report directly to the Director of Portfolio Marketing.
- Customer Expertise: Become the go-to expert on your portfolio’s customer base, gathering insights and utilizing both macro and micro level customer feedback on a regular basis to inform product development, GTM strategies, and messaging.
- Go-to-Market (GTM) Strategy: Lead the creation and execution of GTM plans for new and existing products in your portfolio, including market analysis, pricing strategies, and channel strategies. Work closely with stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Product, and the Executive team to get buy-in for strategies.
- Messaging and Positioning: Craft compelling product messaging and positioning that resonates with target audiences, highlighting the unique value propositions of your products.
- Customer Lifecycle Management: Own the entire customer lifecycle, from acquisition through retention and advocacy, by developing programs and campaigns that engage and nurture customers at each stage.
- Market Research: Conduct market research and competitor analysis to identify market trends and opportunities for product differentiation.
- Content Development: Strategically drive content creation, ensuring that all collateral, digital content, and communications clearly drive demand for your portfolio differentiation and align with the overall GTM and business objectives.
- Campaigns Support: Work with Demand Generation teams to effectively launch and optimize marketing campaigns.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams to ensure alignment and provide market insights that influence product development and customer adoption and retention strategies.
- Analytics and Reporting: Monitor key performance metrics to assess the effectiveness of marketing initiatives and adjust strategies as needed.
- 8+ years of product or portfolio marketing experience
- 5+ years of U.S. higher education EdTech experience
- Proven record of successful cross-company GTM project leadership
- Demonstrated ability to create GTM plans
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with Executive, Product, Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Marketing (references required across Executive, Product, Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success, and Marketing)
- Prior experience working in a multi-function marketing department
- Demonstrated ability to influence executive and cross-functional teams
- Eagerness to solicit, willingness to listen to, and ability to action feedback from internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience presenting to large and small groups virtually and in person.
- Portfolio of strongly written and strategically focused content and collateral
- The ability to travel up to 25% (one week per month)
Perks & Benefits:
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $135,000
- Competitive Salary, Equity, and 401K package
- Medical, Dental, Disability, and Life Insurance Benefits
- HSA program, Vision, Voluntary Life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Unlimited PTO
- Parental leave
- Lifestyle Spending Account
- Work from home equipment provided