IXL Learning, a leading edtech company with products used by 14 million students worldwide, seeks a Product Manager for the guest experience on IXL.com. In this role, you will work hand-in-hand with Marketing to showcase IXL’s offerings and capabilities to users, whether those users are parents, teachers, or administrators of some of the nation’s largest school districts.
You achieve results by collaborating across the organization. You will work closely with engineers on detailed requirements, and you will discuss large themes and identify problem areas in conjunction with the IXL leadership team.
This is a full time position with a hybrid schedule of 3+ days per week in our San Mateo, CA office.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
On a given day you might --
- Kick off a project with the design lead
- Attend stand-up with your engineering team, and separately chat with one of the engineers about a project blocker
- Meet with Marketing leads to share news about upcoming releases and discuss communications strategy
- Meet with Customer Support leads to discuss optimizing some customer-facing self-service tools
- Meet with the COO to share and discuss your proposed roadmap for the upcoming quarter
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM or a related field
- 3-7 years of product experience, preferably in marketing, communications, edtech, or a related field
- Demonstrated experience bringing a product or feature from inception to launch
- Experience working collaboratively with Engineering, Design, and QA
- Attentiveness to detail, but always with the larger context in mind
- Familiarity with UX principles and a sense for visual design
- Comfort with the unknown and ability to exercise critical thinking when faced with vague or conflicting information
- Obsession with the user journey and user experience - able to place yourself in the shoes of both consumers and enterprise clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to craft and deliver the right message with appropriate detail to various audiences
- Ability to juggle multiple, competing priorities and proactively communicate decisions
- Ability to thrive as part of a lean team where no task is too small and change is a constant
- Learning mindset; excited by challenges; lead with a can-do attitude
- Self-motivated, takes charge without being reminded or prompted for next steps
Our pay ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The base salary range for this full-time position is $125,000 to $180,000 + equity + benefits. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire pay for the position. Individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific pay range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
ABOUT IXL LEARNING
IXL Learning is the country's largest edtech company. We reach millions of learners through our diverse range of products. For example:
- 1 in 4 students in the United States uses IXL.com
- Rosetta Stone provides an immersive learning experience for 25 languages
- Wyzant is the nation's largest community of tutors, covering 300+ subjects
- Teachers Pay Teachers (TPT) is a comprehensive marketplace for millions of educator-created resources
Our mission is to create innovative products that will make a real, positive difference for learners and educators and we're looking for passionate, mission-minded people to join us in achieving this goal. We have a unique culture at IXL that fosters collaboration and the open exchange of ideas. We value our team and treat one another with kindness and respect. We approach our work with passion, tenacity, and authenticity. We find it immensely satisfying to develop products that impact the lives of millions and we are eager to have you join our team.
At IXL, we value diversity in age, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, physical and mental ability, political and religious beliefs, and life experience, and we are proud to promote a work environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work. IXL Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer.