At Wiley, we welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning whether online or by book. Learning is for everyone, and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
The Product Marketing Manager for Wiley’s scientific software and database solutions is a key role within our organization responsible for developing and executing marketing strategies to drive the adoption and growth of our specialized scientific software and database solutions.
This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, including product management, sales, and marketing, to ensure successful product launches, market positioning, and overall product performance. The Product Marketing Manager will report to the Associate Product Marketing Director and play a critical part in positioning our products to scientific and research communities.
Attention to detail, along with the ability to grasp and translate our capabilities into a holistic view on end-user benefits is crucial. You will be an expert in our products and end-user’s needs, transferring knowledge in the form of value-based messaging for end-users.
This position sits within the Product Marketing Team. It requires a strong, self-directed leader with high quality relationship development skills and independent management skills.
How you will make an impact:
- Product Launch and Go-to-Market Strategy: Assist in the launch of new products by coordinating with cross-functional teams and developing go-to-market plans that drive product awareness and sales.
- Product Positioning & Value-Based Messaging: Develop compelling product positioning and messaging that resonates with the target audience and competitively positions the products. Create and maintain product collateral, including data sheets, whitepapers, and presentations. Work with field marketing teams to ensure appropriate value messaging, target audience in campaigns.
- Market Insights/Analysis & Voice of Customer: Conduct market research as needed to identify key trends, assess customer needs and satisfaction, evaluate products and the competitive landscape, validate new product concepts and features. Analyze data to provide insights and recommendations for product positioning and strategy.
- Business Alignment & Collaboration: Collaborate with product managers, sales teams, and other marketing functions to achieve common goals and ensure business alignment. Communicate effectively to ensure alignment and coordination.
What we look for:
- Experience in product marketing preferably in the sciences. A degree in chemistry preferred, spectroscopy and/or scientific software vertical experience a plus.
- Ability to craft strong value-based messaging for scientific products.
- Ability to collaborate and drive results across teams.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to analyze & interpret customer insights and market data.
- Highly organized with strong project management skills including the ability to accurately specify project timeframes, dependencies, and risk factors.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities while giving excellent attention to detail
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.