The Professional Learning Facilitator, EL Education (Contractor) will deliver BetterLesson’s in-person workshops on the EL Education K-8 Language Arts Curriculum
, a language arts K-8 curriculum adopted for all learners. This limited contract role will join a team of contractors who are successfully delivering in-person workshops on the curriculum.
Here are some of the things you can expect to accomplish in this role:
- Meet with educators in group settings and support them to successfully implement the EL Education K-8 Language Arts Curriculum components (Modules, Skills Block, All Block and Labs).
- Draw from existing BetterLesson resources and supports (instructional strategies, facilitation guides, product experts, certification courses, classes, etc.) to deliver engaging and impactful professional learning experiences that support the EL Education K-8 Language Arts Curriculum adoption and implementation.
- Utilize your knowledge of the EL Education curriculum and student-centered pedagogy to build and refine educators' knowledge of the curriculum, support them to make informed decisions around student learning progress, and to build their own student-centered literacy skills.
- Create safe, collaborative, and productive learning environments for educators to reflect on their practice and identify areas of growth.
- You love to deliver professional learning workshops in-person.
- You have successfully implemented the EL Education K-8 Language Arts Curriculum or supported educators in a district initiative to implement the curriculum.
- You are passionate about supporting educators to successfully teach the EL Education K-8 Language Arts curriculum.
- You have experience skillfully facilitating in-person adult learning as an instructional coach or other role working with educators to change their practice and/or mindsets.
- You are committed to supporting educators in creating learning environments that are diverse, inclusive, and equitable.
What We Can Offer You
- The opportunity to facilitate pre-designed in-person workshops on the EL Education K-8 Language Arts Curriculum to improve outcomes for teachers and students implementing the curriculum.
- Occasional opportunities to co-facilitate in-person workshops with other experienced educators.
- $800 per in-person workshop with travel, lodging, and meals reimbursed.
- >95% travel required, primarily from July to September.
- There is no guarantee of hours.
BetterLesson empowers K-12 teachers to build a modern classroom: learner-centered, culturally responsive, and personalized to meet the needs of all students. Instead of the conventional one-size-fits-all professional development approach, BetterLesson supports educators with differentiated support across the school year -- using a mix of self-directed online courses, remote 1:1 coaching, non-evaluative learning walks, and collaborative in-person and virtual workshops centered around targeted outcomes. All of our learning experiences are powered by the BetterLesson Lab, giving participants a centralized hub to measure outcomes of their learning and district leaders a complete picture of the impact of their professional learning program. We match each educator with a world-class coach and then leverage our technology to suggest research-backed teaching strategies aligned to their area of focus, measure impact on student learning, and improve teaching practice continuously through rapid iteration. This process leads to off-the-charts teacher love (our data shows teachers love BetterLesson more than Apple users love their iPhones), high administrator engagement, and, most importantly, dramatic teacher and student growth.
BetterLesson has raised over $30M of venture capital and grant funding, serves over 400 school districts, sees 850K+ monthly active users accessing our online lessons and strategies, and is expanding quickly.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at BL.