Impact the Moment
At McGraw Hill School we create best-in-class education solutions that are used by millions of students and educators every day. With that comes the unique opportunity to touch lives across the world and experience first-hand the difference your hard work makes. We do this in a supportive, collaborative environment where you can grow your career in a way that fits into your life.
McGraw Hill, the leading provider of digital and print educational solutions, is looking for a Senior Product Designer within our K-12 division who will be responsible for developing and implementing the design vision, strategy, and workflow to build world-class educational products for the Literacy portfolio. The Product Designer is responsible for collaborating across cross-functional teams to create and deliver effective and engaging, print and digital, teaching and learning experiences.
This is a remote opportunity and can be based anywhere across the United States. It will be filled as a 12-month Project Status Worker (PSW) designation.
As part of this role, you will:
- Translate the design vision, product strategy, and goals into engaging, effective, user friendly, print, and digital designs that are delivered on time, scalable, and fit the budget.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand problems to be solved and associated constraints; collaboratively generates potential innovative solutions within constraints.
- Expertly articulate rationale for design choices to cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Facilitate meetings and conversations with internal teams, vendors, and cross-functional peers.
- Proactively identifies risks and develops contingency plans.
- Manage vendors for an area of work including launch and onboarding, training, providing style guides and prototypes or exemplars, ensuring quality and timely deliverables, reviewing vendor work, and providing direction and feedback.
- Create style guides, guidelines, workflows and other documentation. Communicates, trains, and mentors others on guidelines and expectations
- The Senior Product Designer is accountable for delivering designs on time and on budget. You will operate in an environment that requires expert problem-solving, team collaboration, and communication skills.
We are looking for someone with:
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication, digital design, human centered design, or related field or relevant expertise required
- 3 years of work experience with print visual design
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- A portfolio demonstrating strong visual sensibilities, compelling ideas, and a thorough understanding of design process
- Understanding web standards and technologies, including CSS, HTML.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Smartsheet, Lucidchart
The work you do at McGraw Hill will be work that matters. We are collectively designing content that will build the future of education. Play your part and experience a sense of fulfilment that will inspire you to even greater heights.
The pay range for this position is between $64,000 - $74,000 annually, however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and location. Additionally, a full range of medical and/or other benefits may be provided, depending on the position offered. Click here to learn more about our benefit offerings.
McGraw Hill uses an automated employment decision tool (AEDT) to assist in the screening process by recommending candidates with “like skills” based on resume and job data. To request an alternative screening process, please select “Opt-Out” when asked to “Consent to use of Automated Employment Decision Tools” during the application.