When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology. Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom.
Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide!
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
eduCLIMBER is an interactive system that integrates all whole child data into a single platform with built-in tools for intervention tracking, collaboration, effectiveness reporting, early warning, driving system-level improvement, and more.
As a Senior Software engineer on the eduCLIMBER team, you’ll work on a rapidly growing product that impacts over 3 million students in the US. Our team is highly collaborative and are continuously working to ensure eduCLIMBER is reliable, scalable and robust. Our stack includes PHP, Python, MySQL, AWS and Linux.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will:
- Work in close collaboration with Product Owners and other key stakeholders in expanding and enhancing the eduCLIMBER product
- Drive key architecture initiatives to allow eduCLIMBER to efficiently scale as our feature-set and customer-base grows
- Design and implement new services and pipelines to support key integrations with a wide variety of other systems
- Collaborate with our Data Engineering team as we remodel our data persistence layer
- Lead and mentor other engineers to promote growth across the team
- Participate in an on-call rotation to assist with operational support for our US customers
For this role as a Senior Software Engineer, you must have:
- 8 years of experience developing APIs in PHP
- 4 years of experience developing, deploying and hosting applications on AWS
- 4 years of experience developing against MySQL or equivalent RDBMS
- 2 years of experience with Linux and Docker
- Strong knowledge of various automated testing frameworks
- Strong technical documentation and diagramming skills
- Strong CS fundamentals, solid knowledge of OOP/OOD
- Experience working in K-12 EdTech
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary: $109,500 to $150,550 This range is based on national market data and may vary by location.
- World Class Health Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, underrepresented individuals, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need for the future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.