We Impact Lives Through Purpose-Driven Work in A People First Culture
Ascend Learning is the connection between a powerful portfolio of brands serving students, educators, and employers with outcomes-based, data driven solutions across the lifecycle of learning.
Our values-driven culture unifies our teams and inspires a mindset of action, innovation, and collaboration, with a relentless focus on customers.
We're always looking for talented, passionate professionals to join us in our mission to help change lives. If this sounds like an environment where you'd thrive, read on to learn more.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Senior Software Engineer – Team Lead will have responsibility for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining software applications in a for-profit organization utilizing Microsoft technologies. This position will also mentor other engineers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This position will work hybrid from our Leawood, Kansas office location.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Enhance and develop functionality for the ATI Nursing platform using advanced technologies like C#, .NET Framework, Angular, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Knockout.js, Web API, and MSSQL
- Collaborate with a diverse team of Platform Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, and Product Owners to define and deliver impactful projects
- Work independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations
- Conduct thorough code reviews as a reviewer to ensure high-quality software development
- Provide technical mentoring and guidance to less experienced Software Engineers
- Develop and support enhancements and new functionality to automate deployments in a micro services architecture environment
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting as needed to support production issues
- Assist and in some cases be responsible for the design and architecture of projects and features
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments and willing to support deployments outside of work hours participate in an on-call rotation
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field and/or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant experience in software development for web-based applications
- Demonstrated organizational and teamwork skills, strong attention to detail, and a willingness to participate in collaborative development projects
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to translate a business scenario into a technical solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively convey ideas and collaborate with team members
- Extensive experience with the following: .NET, Angular 12+, C#, JQuery, MVC, WCF, SQL, HTML5, and CSS 3.0
- Experience with Kafka, Docker and Kubernetes is strongly recommended
- Experience with Jira, IIS, .NET Framework
- Experience mentoring team members preferred
- Understanding of an Agile based development methodology or similar formal methodologies
- Flexible and generous paid time off
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) employer matching program
- Parental leave
- Wellness resources
- Charitable matching program
- Hybrid work
- On-site workout facilities (Leawood, Gilbert, Burlington)
- Community outreach groups
- Tuition reimbursement
Fostering A Sense of Belonging
We seek out and celebrate all people and perspectives and cultivate an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, feel valued and be their authentic selves. Our culture is firmly rooted in the belief that by embracing our differences and drawing on diverse perspectives, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more successful organization where employees experience a sense of belonging.
About Ascend Learning
As a tech-enabled services company, Ascend Learning is a national leader in developing and delivering data-driven online educational content, software, assessments, analytics, and simulations serving institutions, students and employers across healthcare, fitness and wellness, public and workplace safety, skilled trades, insurance, financial services, cybersecurity, and higher education. We're committed to accelerating the learning pathways that can move people into careers where they have the knowledge and skills to have an impact and help change lives in the communities they serve. Headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and hybrid and remote workers in cities across the U.S., Ascend Learning was recognized by Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group as one of America's 2023 Greatest Workplaces for Diversity.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.