Position at Imagine Learning
Great Purpose. Great People. Great Opportunities.
At Imagine Learning we ignite learning breakthroughs. It drives everything we do. We innovate together to support educators in creating those special moments when students experience the joy of learning at its best.
We also ignite career breakthroughs, with the majority of our positions being fully remote opportunities that offer you what you’re really looking for: flexible work arrangements, interesting and meaningful job responsibilities, career growth, and a supportive team.
Imagine Your Impact.
You will deliver exceptional academic support through our student support model that provides student-centered monitoring, coaching, mentoring, and teaching. Your teaching experience in your specific subject area along with your proficiency in technology will ensure your success in this dynamic role. The Virtual Instructor is responsible for assisting students academically with concept comprehension synchronous and/or asynchronous means including live chat, phone, email, and virtual conferencing technology. You will be grading student assignments and communicating with parents, school administrator and clients to ensure student success. Imagine Learning has a high need for teachers certified in the following subjects: Spanish, Physics, Engineering, Healthcare, Computer Science, Public Safety and Criminal Justice.
*** This job posting is to build talent pool for hiring soon - once this role is available for openings, a separate job posting will be posted for active hiring. ***
- Position Type: This is a regular, full-time position.
- Compensation: Compensation is anticipated to be between $19.63 and $21.63 per hour. Eligible employees may also receive incentive/commission/annual bonus pay based on individual and/or company performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as, but not limited to, individual skills, experience, training, education/certifications, geographic location, internal equity, and local market conditions.
- Location: In this US-based position your location will be remote.
Envision Your Experience.
In this role you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Provides academic guidance and support for students enrolled in online courses.
- Orients students to their coursework, clearly communicating virtual course participation requirements and enforcing academic integrity guidelines.
- Augments course content in the form of remediation, modification, and enrichment by choosing and implementing appropriate learning strategies.
- Conducts 1 to1 tutoring sessions through web conferencing and virtual white board technologies.
- Successfully implements accommodations and modifications as required by individual education plans.
- Successfully completes the initial onboarding training.
- Contributes professional expertise to curriculum support and professional learning communities.
- Communicates with parents, school administrators, and associated partnering clients as needed.
- Maintains active educator licenses, clearances, and required credentials.
- Responds to instructional leadership in a timely manner.
Share Your Expertise.
Experience, education, and qualifications essential for success in this role, include:
- You must have access to a computer, high-speed internet, and phone connection.
- Teacher certification is a firm requirement.
- 3 years of experience as a teacher, preferred.
- 1 year of experience teaching in subject area, preferred.
- Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card.
- Technically proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the ability to learn new technology and online systems quickly.
Ignite Your Career.
Imagine Learning is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We support your unique career journey by providing flexibility, investing in wellbeing, and propelling growth.
We offer a flexible workplace, with the majority of employees enjoying the opportunity to work from home within the US. Headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ, we also maintain offices in Austin, TX, Petaluma, CA, and Rock Rapids, IA.
Imagine Learning provides a comprehensive benefits program to eligible employees, including:
- Multiple health, dental, and vision plans, including medical plans with zero employee premiums
- 401k plan with a company match
- Company-paid behavioral health coaching
- 15 paid holidays, including 2 floating holidays and a winter shutdown from Christmas Eve through New Year’s Day
- 15 days of accrued annual Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Fertility benefits
- Paid bonding leave when a new child joins your family
- Life and short and long-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax savings plans
- Paid volunteer hours and annual giving events
- A wide variety of professional development programs, including tuition reimbursement
Imagine Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse workforce, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to qualified individuals. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected status. Imagine Learning will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals as required by law.