As the Director of Product Analytics, you will own product analytics strategy and execution. You will scale a team that will provide the right strategic insights to encourage growth and retention of users. You will build a process for ensuring that data is at the front of Newsela’s product development process. You will develop the goals, metrics, timeline and communication plan to support the achievement of our analytics goals. As a leader, you will partner internally and actively seek out feedback and diverse perspectives to inform your strategy and goals.
Why You’ll Love This
As a leader within the Product team, you’ll define Product analytics strategy and connect insights together to tell a story about our users. You will be tasked with continuing your own learning to expand your comprehension of the market and key user metrics. You will empower the product management team to build an exceptional experience leveraging data. You put controls in place to ensure the accuracy and dependability of your teams output. Additionally, you influence those around you to use data to drive their work, meetings, presentations and activities. Your analytics work will meaningfully drive impact on the future of our products and experience students and teachers.
Why We’ll Love You:
You have 7+ experience with product analytics, specifically leading product analytics teams. You’re advanced in your statistics, SQL technical skills, can write and support others with their SQL code skills. You are process oriented and ensure your teams are documenting their work and following code control processes. You’re an exceptional mentor and thrive when you can support the development of your team. You have experience working with diverse product teams and facilitate productive meetings to achieve shared goals. You have a strong ability to translate data insights into actionable development plans and use your experience to elevate the team around you.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments and tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds and interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, we’ve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools and over 2.5M teachers and 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
- Professional Development: Annual stipends for continued education, regular manager training sessions, lunch & learns, and individual growth plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps shape the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers