At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
The Instructional Designer role directly supports the Clinical Education Department through design & development of instructional material. This position will demonstrate and utilize effective needs analysis, project management, program development, and evaluation skills. In addition, this role will independently develop entry, intermediate, and advanced level programs for external audiences and act as a liaison between multiple departments in determining needs of programs and appropriate methods of delivery. This position will work cooperatively between Clinical Education, Marketing and their respective management teams utilizing Instructional Design methodologies to create best in class solutions for varying Customer education needs. Program timelines will be managed by this position in a dynamic rapid paced environment
1. Performs instructional design and development of both blended and self-paced interactive Customer education programs.
2. Understands interactive programs for computer-based training, web applications, and/or alternative multimedia formats.
3. Works with key stakeholders to determine education needs and identifies activities and strategies to meet those needs, works with team to develop and upgrade programs as needed.
4. Uses technical writing skills to develop curricula and instructional materials including agendas, exercises, and other materials in both a mobile learning and blended learning format.
5. Assists with the development of process improvements based on best in class training principles
6. Develops high quality curriculum and program development to support Customer and business needs.
7. Utilizes appropriate tools and software to transfer knowledge into mobile learning methodology.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or Communication
1. Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Education, communications or equivalent experience in related areas. Demonstrated expertise in media development is required.
2. At least 2-3 years experience in Instructional Design.
3. Experience with designing curriculum in a regulated industry or in a medical industry is preferred but not required.
4. Instructional Design methodologies used in technical program and curriculum development experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of multi-media interactive authoring software. Experience with Captivate, Creative Suite, Storyline and Flash or related software highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS). Moodle experience is a plus.
- Must have excellent educational performance measuring skills.
- Must have demonstrated proficiency in curriculum and program design and development.
- Must have strong ability to work with peers and management of all levels.
- Must demonstrate an ability to develop, organize, and produce assigned projects within time-lines and established budgets.
- Demonstrated effective organizational and communication skills.
STERIS is a leading provider of products and services that meet the needs of growth areas within Healthcare: procedures, devices, vaccines and biologics. We exist to fulfill our MISSION TO HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD. STERIS is a $3B, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 16,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 (440) 392.7047. This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by § 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location’s HR Office during normal business hours.