A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify builds innovative and compelling digital educational products that empower teachers and students across the country. We have a long history as the leading innovator in K-12 education - and have been described as the best tech company in education and the best education company in tech. While others try to shrink the learning experience into the technology, we use technology to expand what is possible in real classrooms with real students and teachers.
Amplify Core Knowledge Language Arts (CKLA) is a unique PreK-5 ELA core curriculum program, built on the keys to early literacy and long-term success: background knowledge and foundational skills. Amplify CKLA combines a coherent sequence of rich, diverse content knowledge across social studies, science, literature, and the arts with an explicit, systematic approach to foundational skills instruction. Our intentional program design allows students to build a robust knowledge base for accessing and unpacking complex texts, so real comprehension can happen.
Amplify is seeking an experienced education leader who has deep knowledge of the science of reading and aligned, high quality instructional materials and has coached teachers and leaders in support of bringing more effective literacy instruction to life in classrooms. The Instructional Coach will provide both coaching and training support to teachers, leaders, and district leaders in the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) who are implementing CKLA as their core instruction. The ultimate goal of this role is to support high-quality literacy instruction in classrooms and the successful expansion of Amplify CKLA by delivering rich and rigorous coaching and professional learning experiences that result in significant student learning.
The Instructional Coach will commute to and work with educators in the district up to five days a week, when district policies allow. This is a position that will follow the district calendar; most weeks will be 40-hour work weeks, but the Instructional Coach will support the Amplify PD team on department-wide initiatives on days that LAUSD teachers have off (holidays, winter break, summer break, school cancellations, etc.) This support will vary but may include designing and/or delivering PD through the summer to other districts.
“Amplify’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all staff to provide proof of vaccination for in-person meetings unless an approved exemption is provided.”
- Collaborate with district leadership and the Amplify CKLA Professional Development Partnership Manager to determine strategy and focus for coaching approach at different times of year and adjust course, as needed, based on what is leading to improved student outcomes. At times, adjusting course on short notice may be necessary.
- The Instructional Coach’s responsibilities will be based on the district’s goals and priorities. Specific areas of focus may include:
- Leading classroom observations and providing feedback to teachers and leaders
- Conducting model lessons and co-teaching alongside classroom teachers
- Providing office hours for leaders and teachers
- Facilitating professional development sessions (in person and remote), as needed, for leaders and teachers on prioritized topics which align to successes and needs in classrooms
- Supporting unit/lesson planning with grade-level teams and/or individual teachers
- Leading lesson study cycles for teachers
- Analyzing student work and formative assessment data to support instructional decision-making and responsiveness to learner outcomes
- Cultivating model classrooms (and capturing video examples from these classrooms) as a means of elevating and replicating best practices for planning and instruction
- Creating or customizing professional development experiences, as needed
- Providing recommendations to educators designed to enhance equity of learning for diverse student populations including Students with Learning & Thinking Differences and English Learners
- Travel to schools regularly (up to 5 days per week) to deliver services and build strong academic relationships
- Build knowledge about other Amplify early literacy programs (mCLASS, Amplify Reading) to support a cohesive educator experience across products
- Proactively seek out feedback and adapt practice based upon the feedback and what is leading to improved student outcomes
- Passionate about literacy and deep knowledge of the science of reading and aligned, high quality instructional materials
- Experience leading sustained coaching engagements and professional development for educators in K-5
- 2+ years of K-5 classroom literacy teaching experience, leading to demonstrable results for students
- Experience working on collaborative projects with leaders and teachers
- Proven efficacy in time management while managing multiple engagements and competing priorities
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Spanish (including speaking, reading, and writing) and able to deliver trainings in Spanish
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of technology-based productivity tools including Microsoft and Google Applications
- Able to travel locally (up to 5 days per week) across Los Angeles to support educators
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required as this role requires in-person and on-site activities
- Experience teaching or supporting CKLA
- Experience analyzing data and using it to inform practice
- Ability to support teachers in a remote learning environment, if needed
- Able to navigate instruction with different Learning Management Systems (Schoology, Clever, Google Classroom, etc.)
- Knowledge of ELA, mCLASS and/or Amplify Reading a plus
- Master’s or Advanced Degree in Education
The hourly rate range for this role is $38 - $45.67
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.