We are a team of experienced educators who train and support schools, districts, and states to help all students meet college and career-ready standards. We believe that excellent teaching is the foundation of equitable schools. Working in partnership with local educators, we help improve instruction and leadership through content and curriculum-specific training, coaching, and strategic planning. Together, we build schools and systems that help all students succeed. More information about our current and past work is available at www.schoolkitgroup.com.
SchoolKit is seeking independent contractors to join our pool of Instructional Leadership Coaches to support our work with K-12 school districts across the country. Instructional Leadership Coach duties include providing coaching (remote and onsite) to school and district leaders who are adopting or implementing high-quality instructional materials in the areas of K-12 math or K-12 ELA.
Coaches will use SchoolKit’s tools and approach to help leaders deepen their knowledge of specific content areas and engage in instructional leadership activities (leading teacher planning, conducting observations and providing feedback, responding to student data, etc) to strengthen teaching and learning in their buildings.
Additionally, coaches will occasionally facilitate full- and half-day trainings (remote and onsite) for teachers and leaders that are focused on evidence-based practices for instruction in K - 12 ELA, math, or other content areas. These trainings will focus on high-quality instructional materials so that participants/teachers have the tools they need to deliver rigorous instruction to all students.
- 10+ years of experience in the education sector with at least 3 years of this experience in a district or state-level leadership or school leadership role (principal equivalent, not coach or AP)
- A successful track record of leading instructional initiatives in partnership with multiple stakeholders
- Experience with implementation of high-quality instructional materials aligned to college and career-ready standards
- Knowledge of and experience providing recommendations on the full range of decisions that leaders can make at the school level to improve instruction
- Knowledge of best practices and experience coaching instructional leaders
- A bachelor’s degree, Masters degree in education or related field preferred
This is a consulting position and candidates who are selected will be independent contractors of SchoolKit. As such, they will be paid $90 - $110 an hour for remote work and $800 - $1000 per day of onsite coaching or facilitation. Rates are highly dependent on experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume that includes your qualifications for this position and answer the short response questions in the Apply Now section.
SchoolKit is an equal opportunity employer that deeply values all of the differences that make our people unique. These differences help us create an organization that celebrates diversity and strives to create equitable and inclusive spaces where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic self. In turn, we are committed to leveraging the perspectives of our people to best support and serve our partners.
SchoolKit selects personnel on the basis of ability without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, or veteran status.