Inspired by our belief that anyone can learn anything and powered by our own curiosity, we build the smartest tools we can imagine to help students learn.
Quizlet is the popular, global learning platform and app that millions of students, teachers and everyday people use to study any subject imaginable for school, work or as part of their personal interests -- including two-thirds of high school students and half of all college students in the US. Combining cognitive science and machine learning, Quizlet guides students through adaptive study activities to confidently reach their learning goals. We’re on track to become the undisputed leader in user-generated learning content and engagement, at the scale of YouTube.
Valued at $1 billion, Quizlet has raised over $60 million in venture capital from investors including Icon Ventures, Union Square Ventures, General Atlantic, Costanoa Ventures, Owl Ventures, and Altos Ventures.
To serve our global community of learners, our teams tackle lofty technical challenges and design for use cases across cultures and languages. We work hard, act like owners, and collaborate every chance we get. We’re energized by the potential to power more learners through multiple approaches and various tools.
About the Team:
Quizlet’s marketing team is responsible for driving brand awareness, user growth, engagement, and subscription. The product marketing team focuses on driving product adoption and usage.
This role will report to the Sr. Product Marketing Manager who focuses on our teachers and under 18 student audiences.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a candidate who is a former educator and who has substantial experience leveraging ed-tech tools in the classroom, including Quizlet. This is a part-time, 30 hours/week position. Benefits are included, see below.
As Teacher Education Manager at Quizlet, you’ll be responsible for developing plans to nurture and educate our teacher audience. Teachers are an important part of Quizlet’s overall ecosystem, as they help onboard middle school and high school students. You’ll be tasked with developing strategies to ensure that every teacher knows how to leverage Quizlet’s unique advantages to drive student engagement and academic success. You will do this through various marketing channels including email, videos, social media, and virtual events.
The Teacher Education Manager will be the primary leader in planning and executing our annual Unconference, which is a virtual free conference for teachers.
Outside of this annual event, each month, you’ll also help generate new bite-sized teacher education content in two ways:
1. By recording short how-to videos yourself
2. By building out a small teacher network of other teacher influencers.
You’ll empower these diverse voices to share best practices with the wider Quizlet teacher community through lifecycle channels, YouTube, social media, and more.
On a weekly basis, you’ll collaborate with the Teacher Product Marketing manager and the rest of the Teacher team. As a former teacher, you will help keep real teachers’ needs at the forefront of our product development 1) through sharing insights of your own, and 2) through building out a longer-term teacher focus group, in partnership with our research team.
You’ll excel in this role if you are excited to creatively strategize about how to make it easier for teachers to get set up on Quizlet. Once you have hypotheses built, you will test and learn from various approaches to help us determine the best channels and types of content that inspire teachers to action.
This is a part-time (30 hours/week) hybrid role based out of our Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle offices.
In this role, you will:
- Build and test strategies to drive product adoption and user understanding
- Run our annual virtual conference for teachers, giving this audience a window into upcoming product launches and sharing tips and tricks that inspire them to use Quizlet in new ways
- Build and test short video assets that can be deployed in our product and lifecycle to make sure teachers are empowered to take full advantage of Quizlet’s capabilities
- Draft, test, and refine product education messaging. You’ll be a strong writer who can simplify anything to make it understandable
- Work with the Sr. Product Marketing Manager to build up a strong network of teacher advocates and educators who can inspire other teachers
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years of recent teaching experience (of 13-18 year old students)
- 2-5 years of experience using Quizlet in the classroom
- Confident speaking skills and willingness to be on camera
- Strong writing skills
- Basic design or video editing skills (or quick to learn)
- Familiarity with other ed tech tools
- Strong relationship-building skills with other teachers
- Detail orientation
- Willingness to test and learn to find the best solution
- Comfort with social media
Bonus points if you have:
- Some event planning or virtual conference experience
- Experience running professional development workshops for other teachers
- Very active on “teacher” social media
Compensation, Benefits & Perks (for Part-time Employees):
- Quizlet is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Salary transparency helps to mitigate unfair hiring practices when it comes to discrimination and pay gaps. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a starting base salary of $70,000 - $100,000, depending on location and experience
- Collaborate with your manager and team to create a healthy work-life balance
- 15 company paid holidays
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (100% employee and 75% dependent PPO, HMO, VSP Choice)
- Employer-sponsored 401k plan with company match
- Eligible for FSA, HSA, Commuter benefits, Employee Assist Programs (EAPs)
We strive to make everyone feel comfortable and welcome!
We work to create a holistic interview process, where both Quizlet and candidates have an opportunity to view what it would be like to work together, in exploring a mutually beneficial partnership.
We provide a transparent setting, that gives a comprehensive view of who we are!
We hope you are excited about everything you read so far. We highly encourage you to apply for this position, even if you feel you do not meet all the requirements. Quizlet is always looking for amazing folks that believe in our mission and can contribute to our team in various ways - not merely candidates that fit a certain mold.
We have a bias for action, take initiative, and take pride in delivering results. We make informed decisions whenever possible but are unafraid to take calculated risks on great ideas to promote learning. We embrace challenges and see effort as the path to mastery. We’re constantly seeking opportunities to learn and we embrace curiosity. Quality matters at Quizlet, and we hold the bar high on everything we do.
We treat each other with honesty and respect, encourage vigorous debate, and seek critical feedback. We value diversity, humility, transparency, and collaboration as the best paths to our success — as individuals, as a team, and as a company.
Quizlet’s success as an online learning community depends on a strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are actively working to build a team that is representative of the diverse communities we serve, and an open, inclusive work environment where all employees can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer and a tech company committed to societal change, we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Come join us!
To All Recruiters and Placement Agencies:
At this time Quizlet does not accept unsolicited agency resumes and/or profiles.
Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Quizlet employee. Quizlet will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm nor will it be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. All unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Quizlet.