We Impact Lives Through Purpose-Driven Work in A People First Culture
Ascend Learning is the connection between a powerful portfolio of brands serving students, educators, and employers with outcomes-based, data driven solutions across the lifecycle of learning.
Our values-driven culture unifies our teams and inspires a mindset of action, innovation, and collaboration, with a relentless focus on customers.
We're always looking for talented, passionate professionals to join us in our mission to help change lives. If this sounds like an environment where you'd thrive, read on to learn more.
NHA is building the next generation of allied health professionals. Since 1989, we have helped over 1 million people access a better future in healthcare. From education and training to certification and career development, we partner with individuals, educators, and employers to elevate the learning experience, ensure practice, and career readiness and drive positive outcomes for the industry, allied health professionals, and ultimately patients. NHA is a brand in Ascend Learning’s healthcare segment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The NHA Healthcare Account Executive will be responsible for cultivating new business from Healthcare industry prospects across a U.S.-assigned territory, leveraging executive-level skills with consultative and strategic sales techniques to understand the prospects’ complex business needs and recommend complex and dynamic solutions to key stakeholders and decision-makers such as Healthcare CEOs, CNOs, CMOs, Nurse Educators, Professional Development Directors, etc. Develop and execute an aggressive strategic territory plan to cultivate new enterprise-level clients using effective research methods and individual account tactics to effectively identify and secure sales opportunities with ultimate decision-makers.
WHERE YOU’LL WORK
This position offers flexibility of remote work within the United States. There will be 10-25% travel required.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME
- Conducting strategic, efficient, and productive outreach to key healthcare targets, primarily enterprise-level healthcare systems, and secondarily, ambulatory targets, to schedule strategic sales meetings.
- Conducting highly strategic, organized, and forward-progressing sales meetings with key stakeholders and decision-makers, leveraging an executive-level skill set that includes but is not limited to effective discovery, strategic road mapping, project management, contract negotiation, team selling approaches, group presentations (virtual or onsite) and delivering comprehensive and dynamic solutions that meet the needs of the clients.
- Communicating the value of certification, credentialing, career pathways, standardized orientation, and training with prospective, new clients through professional telephone, email, webinars, and social media communications.
- Presenting to small and large group audiences either in-person, via conference call, and/or in web-enabled environments using PowerPoint and other technologies. Proficiency is defined as being a clear, concise, error-free, yet persuasive spoken and written communicator.
- Collaborating and communicating with internal, cross-functional team members to ensure strong, positive, and profitable client relations by way of continual support throughout and beyond the sales process.
- Ask the best questions to identify prospects’ needs and provide resource solutions by communicating the value of NHA resources over the competition with active and empathy-focused listening.
- Delivering complex, high-strategic Healthcare workforce solutions, from the NHA suite of resources, that meet the complex needs of the healthcare client.
- Obtaining agreement from multiple decision makers throughout all stages of the sales cycle and ask for a commitment to confirm a sale through high trust and efficient rapport-building
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Marketing, or a related field.
- A minimum of 3+ years of recent successful sales experience, in a relevant field or selling approach, with a proven track record of exceeding annual quota.
- Successful sales experience in the acute care space is an advantage, as is an understanding of the Healthcare Industry and/or Health System.
- Proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Teams, GoogleMeet, Zoom, and similar remote conferencing platforms.
- Ability to travel to client locations, corporate training, and tradeshows about 10-25% of the time.
- Advanced experience using CRM to manage territory.
- Experience in forecasting revenue and outcomes for territory.
- Flexible and generous paid time off
- Competitive medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- 401(k) employer matching program
- Parental leave
- Wellness resources
- Charitable matching program
- Hybrid work
- On-site workout facilities (Leawood, Gilbert, Burlington)
- Community outreach groups
- Tuition reimbursement
Fostering A Sense of Belonging
We seek out and celebrate all people and perspectives and cultivate an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, feel valued and be their authentic selves. Our culture is firmly rooted in the belief that by embracing our differences and drawing on diverse perspectives, we are a stronger, more innovative, and more successful organization where employees experience a sense of belonging.
About Ascend Learning
As a tech-enabled services company, Ascend Learning is a national leader in developing and delivering data-driven online educational content, software, assessments, analytics, and simulations serving institutions, students and employers across healthcare, fitness and wellness, public and workplace safety, skilled trades, insurance, financial services, cybersecurity, and higher education. We're committed to accelerating the learning pathways that can move people into careers where they have the knowledge and skills to have an impact and help change lives in the communities they serve. Headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and hybrid and remote workers in cities across the U.S., Ascend Learning was recognized by Newsweek and Plant-A Insights Group as one of America's 2023 Greatest Workplaces for Diversity.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.