Do you enjoy building customer relationships that lead to successful outcomes?
Do you enjoy working with cutting-edge technology solutions?
About our Team
As a global leader in nursing and health education, we prepare Nurses and Allied Health professionals for successful careers. We provide world-class content, innovative learning tools and analytics that improve educational outcomes and help prepare students for the future. We build solid relationships with our customers to understand their needs and provide solutions that deliver successful results.
About the Role
As a Business Development Representative, you will be handling top-of-funnel sales, generating appointments, database management, strategic targeting, and cold calling. You will be an integral member of the Sales Team supporting the Sales Representatives and Marketing Team.
- Generating a high volume of sales appointments via cold calling and emails, and managing prospecting timelines, deadlines, and follow-ups
- Collaborating with our outside sales team to schedule webinar demonstrations of our technology
- Presenting our technology and products to prospective universities
- Managing prospecting timelines and follow-up to ensure an efficient sales funnel
- Educating customers about the features and benefits of our technology to facilitate the sales process and expand our market
- Creating and maintaining customer accounts in Salesforce to ensure accurate information
- Demonstrate excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including communicating complex content to a range of audiences
- Have a natural ability to build relationships with customers to understand future needs and requirements
- Have great IT skills and the ability to learn new technology quickly
- Bachelor's Degree
- Be a motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and a customer-focused approach
- Be a good team player, enjoy collaborating and solving problems with others
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. With an average length of service of 9 years, we are confident that we offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, family leave and tuition reimbursement, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and long-term goals.
- Working remotely from home or in our Gainesville office in a flexible hybrid style
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you work in the day
Working with us
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to help you succeed. Here, you will find an inclusive, agile, collaborative, innovative and fun environment, where everyone has a part to play. Regardless of the team you join, we promote a diverse environment with co-workers who are passionate about what they do, and how they do it.
Working for you
At Elsevier, we know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Comprehensive, multi-carrier health plan benefits
- Disability insurance
- Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Life and Accident Insurance
- Retirement Benefits (Salary Investment Plan/Employer Stock Purchase Plan)
- Modern Family Benefits, including adoption and surrogacy
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Are you ready to help us progress science and health? Our technology leads to innovation, so join a forward-thinking digital business that is tackling world-scale challenges and align your ambitions with our passion for driving global knowledge-sharing.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK