Think back on your time in school and a project or experience that got you fired up, curious, and motivated to try your best. Can you remember one? If you’re like us, there are some projects we remember decades later -- those times when we were so engaged in what we were doing that we couldn’t help but learn.
Seesaw is a learning platform that brings educators, students and families together to deepen student learning. Teachers design and facilitate powerful learning experiences, students create, reflect, collaborate and make their learning visible, and families actively support and celebrate student learning. Seesaw is used by millions of K-12 students in over half the schools in the U.S.
The Curriculum: (Your Role)
Seesaw is hiring for a Head of Sales who will report to the COO and be a key member of the leadership team driving business growth for the company. The Head of Sales will play a critical role in the future of Seesaw and propose the strategic vision and direction for the company’s revenue roadmap and then execute on defined revenue targets.
An important key to success will hinge on working well with the rest of the leadership team, to help develop and drive bold growth plans. This position will be responsible for ensuring that the revenue practices foster and support our mission to radically transform the way the world learns — by demonstrating an adaptive, student/educator-centric style.
Your Classmates (The Team):
You’ll be working alongside a dedicated and hard-working team of sales and customer experience professionals supporting them in achieving our ambitious goals. This role will report directly to our COO and be a critical member of Seesaw’s leadership team.
Subject Matter (Your Responsibilities)
- Partner closely with the COO and leadership team to strategically plan for and execute revenue growth during the next phase of company growth.
- Successfully implement proactive, strategic, and innovative sales solutions. Closely monitor the revenue pipeline to ensure revenue targets and achievement.
- Build, lead and motivate a highly driven sales team, across the key revenue segments, so that they are inspired to sustainably achieve individual and company sales targets to meet the mission.
- Create go-to-market plans to meet company growth and market share goals related to revenue targets. This includes developing and implementing segmentation, geographic, and/or other revenue strategies involving partnerships and/or customers.
- Monitor the competitive marketplace and constantly analyze new opportunities for revenue growth – including with existing customers, state partnerships, strategic district sales, national network/association affiliations, and potential strategic revenue partnerships.
- Contribute to the leadership team and in deliberations about product strategy, market strategy, marketing efforts, and overall business evolution.
Prerequisites (The Requirements):
- 10+ years of progressive sales leadership experience, with significant time in a senior sales role at a fast-paced, ed-tech company. Experience evolving and developing a successful revenue organization and its support network.
- Broad and deep experience in the K-12 ed-tech sector selling into school districts and states is essential. Exposure to platform is most relevant, but curriculum solutions or assessment exposure is valuable.
- Successfully partnered with Product, Marketing, and Finance colleagues to achieve shared goals. Participation in a fast-growth environment is particularly helpful.
- Leads through interpersonal influence- not just authority. For instance, you build powerful relationships, help others find meaning and purpose in their work, and inspire those around you through energetic engagement.
- Problem solves with a high degree of intellectual horsepower. More specifically, you solve problems by thinking ahead, reframing the issue, balancing big picture and details, and quickly cutting through complexity.
- You are motivated by making a difference in solving challenges teachers and administrators face in making engaged learning happen and you care about building a diverse team to better advocate for the needs of users.
A Little About Us:
- We care about building a diverse and inclusive team to better advocate for the needs of our incredibly diverse K-12 users
- We prioritize work-life balance
- We encourage everyone to work at a sustainable pace and have an unlimited vacation policy we take seriously
- We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits including full medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) with company match, paid parental leave, flexible vacation policy, wellness stipend, donation match, company happy hours and off-sites
Don't let the confidence gap get in the way of applying! We'd love to hear from you.
Seesaw provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religious creed, color, sex, sex stereotype, gender, gender identity/gender expression/transgender, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information/characteristics, marital status/registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, or military or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Seesaw complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.