Our Mission and Opportunity
Early education is one of the greatest determinants of childhood outcomes, is a must for working families, and has a lasting social and economic impact. Brightwheel’s vision
is to enable high quality early education for every child — by giving teachers meaningfully more time with students each day, engaging parents in the development of their kids, and supporting the small businesses that make up the backbone of the $175 billion early education market. Brightwheel is the most loved technology brand in early education globally, trusted by thousands of educators and millions of families.
We are a fully remote team with employees across every time zone in the US. Our team is passionate, talented, and customer-focused. Our exceptional investor group includes Addition, Bessemer Venture Partners, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GGV Capital, Lowercase Capital, Emerson Collective, and Mark Cuban.
We believe that everyone—from our employees to the students, teachers, and administrators we serve— should be given the opportunity to learn and thrive, whatever their background may be. We celebrate diversity in all forms because it allows our team and the communities we serve to reach their full potential and do their best work.
As an Outbound Account Executive, you'll be responsible for the top of the sales funnel through customer acquisition for your book of business. You will be the first line of education for our potential customers, work to deeply understand their needs and pain points, and then show them why brightwheel is the best solution for their needs. You'll be in contact with a large volume of customers daily with a relentless focus on sourcing new opportunities and forming trusting customer relationships to guide them through the full sales journey.
Overall, we are looking for someone passionate about helping our customers succeed. You are a people person who loves being on the phone. You are always curious and eager to understand someone's challenges and needs. You are a problem solver who can figure out ways to help our customers get more value. You are energized by working at a startup on a rapidly growing team where our goals and processes evolve every day. You are comfortable owning aggressive sales goals and always looking for ways to improve. And you're passionate about technology and improving the world through education.
What You’ll Do
- Drive engaging conversations with prospects to learn their pain points and how brightwheel can improve their businesses
- Set product demonstrations and follow up with prospects as necessary to ensure attendance at the demonstrations
- Run product demonstrations, tailoring your presentation to the prospect's needs and challenges to maximize the value created
- Be a great teammate by working closely with management and your fellow reps to ensure prospects have an incredible experience
- Work with your manager to identify key levers in your sales process
- Listen to your calls to identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Diligently place follow-up calls into the pipeline and ensure that all required information is up to date
- Contribute to the positive, high-performing, and winning culture of the sales team
Qualifications, Skills, & Abilities
- Minimum of at least 1+ year of full cycle closing experience
- Showcase deep care for our customers, putting their needs first and bringing energy and intention to every customer interaction
- Proven experience achieving and pushing past goals and quotas
- Hunger to continue developing your skills and mastering your craft
- Tendency to celebrate wins, not shy away from misses, and ability to learn from both
- Excellent communication, organizational, time-management, and prioritization skills
- Comfort with high volume/velocity sales, as well as a dynamic startup environment that will evolve rapidly
- A passion for improving the world through education
- Proven success in adapting and implementing different sales methodologies centered around value selling
- Proficiency with CRM, Sales Engagement tools, Conversation intelligence tools, and other general tech stack knowledge to gain efficiencies throughout the sales process
$21.64 - $21.64 an hour
Brightwheel is committed to internal pay equity and offers a competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and benefits. In addition, our benefits package includes premium medical, dental, and vision benefits, generous paid parental leave, a flexible paid time off policy, a monthly wellness and productivity stipend, and a Learning & Development stipend.
For cash compensation, brightwheel sets standard ranges for all roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar-stage growth companies. In addition to equity, our annual cash compensation for this role in all US-based locations is an hourly rate of $21.64 (which comes to $45,000 yearly at 40hr/week). Additionally, we include a competitive, uncapped commission plan.
Brightwheel is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.