Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The Tallo Sales Representative is responsible for achieving shared revenue goals by acquiring new clients and servicing/maintaining relationships with existing clients. In this critical sales role, he or she will receive training and apply market knowledge of the education technology market to build strong customer relationships and meet sales goals. This role requires sales skills and customer service focus to grow the assigned territory business. With a focus on prospecting and communications via cold-calls and emails, this role acquires new customers, while maintaining and growing the existing customer base.
Essential Functions: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Utilize lead information to identify prospects and reach decision-makers with whom he/she develops effective consultative relationships
- Drive revenue by selling the organization's products and/or services to established customers or new prospects via telephone and email
- Perform a wide range of sales and support activities including prioritizing leads, maintaining data within the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, setting appointments, conducting product demonstrations and answering general questions throughout the sales process
- Ensure clients clearly understand the value proposition as well as the features of the products they purchase
- Serve a primary point of contact and serves as a liaison for accounts receivable as appropriate
- Provide recommendations for innovative outreach efforts to schools and districts
- Develop and maintain extensive Tallo product knowledge to effectively communicate benefits to prospects
- Build and maintain knowledge of the early careers recruitment industry, trends, competitors, and their products and proactively share that information with team
- Participate and contribute to channel specific initiatives, meetings, training, professional development and other sales activities
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, forecasts, account plans and territory management activities as required
- Research territory trends, competition and funding sources to strategically drive new sales
- Work closely with account managers, business development, and marketing teams as the primary point-of-contact for alignment on sales opportunities.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Certificates and Licenses: None required.
- Two (2) or more years of direct client experience with knowledge of sales techniques (closing, negotiating, consultative sales)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Build and nurture relationships with decision makers at various levels
- Prior exposure to a Customer Relations Management System (CRM)
- Team-oriented with an ability to work effectively across the organization to solve issues
- Ability to work autonomously and to demonstrate strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities in a results-oriented atmosphere while demonstrating resilience
- Ability to respond appropriately to feedback, mentoring and coaching
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Web proficiency
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience selling to and building consensus among multiple collaborators, including C-level executives and enterprise contacts
- Proven record of exceeding sales growth performance goals
- Proficiency with Salesforce
- Ability to collaborate with marketing as needed to devise and implement effective campaigns
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home-based position.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $38,039.63 to $76,531.00. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)