When you join Renaissance®, you join a global leader in pre-K–12 education technology! Renaissance’s solutions help educators analyze, customize, and plan personalized learning paths for students, allowing time for what matters—creating energizing learning experiences in the classroom. Our fiercely passionate employees and educational partners have helped drive phenomenal student growth, with Renaissance solutions being used in over one-third of US schools and in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Every day, we are connected to our mission by exemplifying our values: trust each other, win together, strive for the best, own our actions, and grow and evolve.
In this role, you will be responsible for selling Nearpod and Flocabulary to schools and districts within your designated territory that are brand-new customers of our products. You will develop a territory plan and then execute it in order to meet/exceed your quarterly goals. You will be demonstrating Nearpod and Flocabulary to school and district administrators to grow the Nearpod and Flocabulary footprint in your territory.
Our Ideal Candidate Will:
- Manage the full sales cycle, from prospecting to discovery, evaluation, procurement, and close
- Regularly build pipeline through consistently calling, emailing, etc. by building 3 new business meetings per week
- Will display evidence of cold prospecting outreach to multiple departments within target districts
- Work directly with their Sales Development Representative and Field Marketing to build pipeline at the School Level
- Demo both Nearpod and Flocabulary to prospects, as well as bring in a product specialist to demo our full suite of products when necessary
- Hit Quarterly and Annual Targets
- Maintain an accurate CRM with the proper staging of opportunities, deal notes, and close dates; follow up within specified timeframes on opportunities; forecast with 90% accuracy
- Maintain a 30-35% close rate for opportunities
- Travel to regional tradeshows when necessary
- Travel up to once per month for onsite customer meetings
Role and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for generating demand and sales at K-12 private/parochial schools and districts by working with Sales Development Representative and Field Marketing
- Meet weekly with Sales Development Rep, Manager and Sales Team,
- Develop and execute territory plan (action plan and deliverables to identify specific targets) with plays for each New Target
- Provide in-person or virtual demonstrations to prospects of our core products Nearpod and Flocabulary
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close
- Overcome customer objections by demonstrating negotiation skills and ability to sell benefits not features
- Regularly participating in growth opportunities, such as attending enablements and reviewing your recorded sales meetings with customers
- Maintain a strong level of knowledge about our suite of products to be able to run Discovery and Evaluation processes effectively
- Maintain a strong understanding of assigned territory, education vertical and competitive offerings
- Kick-off and Nurture Trials of Nearpod or Flocabulary
- Attend trade shows and host in-person meetings
- Achieve and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Position and present Flocabulary and Nearpod as a solution to meet the unique and varied needs of schools and districts
- Identify and learn market and competitor trends
- Prioritize and manage sales activities through our CRM database, and accurately report on close dates and next steps.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of pipeline, forecasts, account plans and territory management activities
Required Skills and Experience:
- 1+ years of sales experience required
- Internal candidates must have been in their current role for at least 1 year
- Internal candidates must have passed demo certification, minus ES team members
- Successful sales experience with K12 Institutions, such as exceeding quotas or KPI’s
- Previous experience in carrying a quota within a closing role preferred
- Proven ability to demo Nearpod & Flocabulary according to Nearpod’s standards
- Proficient use of Salesforce.com
- Ability to travel for Nearpod team trainings twice per year, as well as potential tradeshows and customer visits up to once per month.
- Team player with a positive attitude and commitment to exceeding sales objectives
- Well-organized with demonstrated time management skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Salary Range: The base range for this position is $51,100 - $70,300 with a total target compensation (TTC) range of $100,000 - $135,000. This range is based on national market data and may vary by experience and location.
- World Class Health Benefits: Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, Telehealth
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) and Roth 401(k) with company match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time Off
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave (20 total weeks with 14 weeks paid) & Milk Stork program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Well-being and Employee Assistance Programs
Frequently cited statistics show that some women, underrepresented individuals, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities may only apply to roles if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Renaissance, we encourage all applications! Roles evolve over time, especially with innovation, and you may be just the person we need for the future!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate with respect to any term, condition or privilege of employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, or status of an individual in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Renaissance also provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws. If accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact Talent Acquisition
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
For information about Renaissance, visit: https://www.renaissance.com/