Client Experience Manager – Field
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
The Client Experience Manager (CXM) – Field ensures that clients see value throughout their entire Anthology journey. With a focus on success and retention, the CXM engages with clients to understand their goals, create plans to achieve those goals, connect them to resources and expertise, resolve issues, and ensure an overall world-class experience. This role works collaboratively with other Anthology teams to ensure clients receive appropriate support, resources, and services, and assists the Sales team in identifying expansion opportunities.
This position is crucial to providing strategic direction, planning, and oversight to clients to foster their continued growth and expansion within their technology and solution footprint and achieve greater perceived ROI from the products in which they have invested. Furthermore, this role is crucial to supporting both the strategic growth areas and metrics of the company as they align to client engagement, adoption, retention, and expansion.
The ideal candidate for this role embraces a client-first mindset, excels at building relationships and creating raving fans, and is adept at driving activities that deliver exceptional value to clients in all phases of the lifecycle.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Developing strong relationships with clients centered on ensuring their success and business goals achieved
- Developing and implementing account engagement and execution plans to ensure business objectives are met and client sentiment is positive
- Executing prescriptive playbooks based on client need
- Developing an understanding of and responding to client questions on the full Anthology portfolio of products and services, including their features, benefits, and use cases
- Taking action on client sentiment information, such as surveys, NPS responses, solicited and unsolicited client feedback
- Connecting clients to best practice resources and/or recommendations; assisting clients in solving point-in-time challenges; connecting clients with opportunities for engagement in feedback sessions and with research projects as applicable; partnering with the client to support the overall goal of increased satisfaction and adoption of Anthology solutions
- Promoting client engagement in the online Anthology Community, as well as Anthology-hosted virtual and in-person events to facilitate client opportunities to network, share, and learn from their peers
- Assisting Regional Sales Managers (RSMs) and regional leadership with identifying customer goals/values and cross-sell and up-sell opportunities, as well as assisting with renewal proposals
- Acting as the client’s liaison to all their needs within Anthology, triaging requests and bringing in the appropriate teams and resources to assist
- Serving as an internal advocate for the client, helping to drive support and change when necessary to help the client to achieve their business objectives
- Managing the client partnership proactively, including monitoring client health, identifying and managing risk, and escalating client support or account issues as needed
- Serving as project manager and executing tailored plans both internally and externally, and proactively providing next-step support, including:
- External: managing the client experience through appropriate channels, including outreach, meetings, providing recommendations, crafting of responses after internal alignment, executing client outreach strategies
- Internal: escalation, identifying and engaging SMEs as needed, regular meetings with internal teams to resolve identified issues, providing direction and ensuring focus on client as well as Anthology business needs
- Acting as an information conduit from Anthology and the industry to clients, providing latest information on both Anthology products & services, resources, and higher education industry trends
- Driving advocacy in the form of references and success stories
- Projecting a favorable public image of the company to promote its objectives and goals and enhance client relationships
- Conducting strategic partnership reviews
- Building and maintaining relationships across the client's organization, including with C-suite institutional leadership
- Traveling up to 50% of the time for on-site client engagements and events
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of related experience in Higher Education, Client Experience, Client Success, and/or Education Technology serving the higher education sector
- Strong customer-service orientation and ability to communicate with empathy, sensitivity, and professionalism at all times
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; proactive and impactful communicator
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work independently and to proactively identify and respond to emerging challenges and changing conditions
- Proven track record of successfully managing accounts and developing strong client relationships with all levels of an organization
- Well-developed problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ability to effectively create, gather, and analyze reports, ability to use data to inform decision-making and develop action plans
- Ability to multitask and consistently perform under the pressure of deadlines and other demands
- Highly organized, task oriented
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment
- Skilled in building deep relationships and connect with others authentically
- Proficiency with CRM and/or customer success software
- Ability to work with sales organizations in a matrix-model as new products are being introduced and sold in various regions, for various functions to business units within an institution of higher learning
- Advanced degree
- Experience working in or servicing Higher Education
- Experience working in a Client Experience or Customer Success role at a Software-as-a-Service technology company
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national original, age, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military/veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Base Pay Range is $84,500 - $90,640/year depending upon experience. We use national and industry-specific survey data to assist in determining compensation. Additionally, we consider factors such as external market rate, budget for the role, and the compensation rates of current employees performing the same function. Some roles will have variable pay.