About the Role:
The Go-to-Market (GTM) Operations lead will manage and implement DreamBox Learning’s go-to-market strategy and plan for our product and service offerings. The GTM Operations lead will report to the Vice President of Product Marketing and serve as a critical partner to all stakeholders across the go-to-market continuum.
In this cross-functional role, you will work closely with our Product, Sales, Customer Organization (Customer Success, Customer Support, Professional Development), Marketing, Operations, and Finance teams to manage product launches and other GTM initiatives and plans focused on how we can better reach prospective customers, engage existing customers, ensure early usage, deep adoption, and student impact. This team member must be extremely collaborative, building trust quickly with multiple stakeholders, have a metrics-driven mindset, a high bar for quality, and the ability to lead cross-functional initiatives in a high-growth environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative and dynamic product marketing and operations leader to work with great people, support our aggressive business growth, and be part of our mission to have a meaningful impact on the lives of learning guardians, students, and administrators.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build, execute and drive GTM plans for Product Marketing led cross-functional initiatives including product releases, new offerings, pricing, packaging and promotions, and sales enablement projects
- Manage product launch plans for end-to-end execution in B2B SaaS based on your experiences from previous successful (and not so successful) launches
- Drive stakeholder engagement and support for completing key processes, as well as thinking proactively to ensure communication and support are tailored to upcoming demands
- Be an internal thought leader, taking responsibility for constantly thinking of how we can improve our processes, striving for a perpetual state of making things better
- Lead and deliver top level operational excellence to your internal customers, including standard operating procedures and a consistent approach to planning and execution
- Be able to fluidly move between high level, executive presentations and overviews and in-depth, rolling up the sleeves detailed support and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, project management or a related field
- 5+ years of extensive experience in product marketing, go-to-market operations, strategy, or sales operations for SaaS / enterprise technology companies desired
- Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Complex project management and cross-functional relationship building experience a must
- Proven track record of driving successful business outcomes through bringing products to market, enabling sales and customer facing teams, and activating marketing channels.
- Hyper-collaborative partner that can lead through influence by building strong relationships and personal credibility across the organization
- Creative problem solver that identifies new and innovative ways to grow the business
- Experience in the Learning technology industry a plus, but not required.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected base salary range for this position is $90,500 - $128,690 USD per year based on several factors, including experience and geography. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus or sales commission bonus, depending on the role, and benefits that are designed to support you & your family. If you are hired at DreamBox Learning, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on considerations such as geographic location, skills, responsibilities of the role, education, and/or relevant experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the compensation of our current team members as a part of evaluating and extending any final offer.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Front Loaded (4 weeks)
- Accrued Sick Time
- DreamBox "Hero Days" Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 9 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
DreamBox Learning, the leading K-12 education technology provider, is radically transforming the way the world learns. As the only dual-discipline solution rated STRONG by Johns Hopkins’ EvidenceforESSA.org in both math and reading, DreamBox provides schools with high-quality adaptive learning solutions independently proven to accelerate student growth. Built by educators for educators, DreamBox empowers teachers and district administrators with robust data analytics and content-specific professional development solutions to complement instruction. DreamBox supports over 400,000 educators and approximately 6 million students in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and throughout the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Mexico.
For more information, visit https://www.dreambox.com/
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.