Over 20 years ago, Stride was founded to provide personalized learning — powered by technology. We reached students where they were in their own journeys. We knocked down their barriers to great education. And we gave every learner equal opportunity to succeed — however they defined success. Stride innovated the learning experience with online and blended learning that prepared them for their lives ahead.
Stride is a community of passionate leaders. Whether teachers, engineers, curriculum writers, or financial managers — whatever your expertise or role, we all work to empower futures through learning. And changing the trajectory of learning itself is one of our greatest missions. Join us in developing more effective ways to learn and helping learners build the skills and confidence they need to make their way forward in life.
The VP, Business Architecture and Development is responsible for linking business strategy with IT process transformation, generating new revenue, and maintaining strong client relationships. In this bi-modal role, primary functions of this job include (but are not limited to):
- Operating and business model analysis, synergizing with other business entities, developing capability maps and other artifacts, and assisting in the technology enablement of core capabilities and value streams.
- Development, opportunity validation, proposal lifecycle management, sales growth, contract negotiations and superior customer service.
This role requires flexibility to change goals, launch new initiatives and remove obstacles impeding the ability to achieve goals. This position is a senior member of the Data as a Business (DaaB) team and works both cross-functionally and externally to align strategic objectives and tactical demands. You will guide the team as a business and technical leader to materialize business growth while collaborating with our Data and AI teams to define and scale solutions, articulate, and evolve our data and AI strategy, and enable go-to-market stories for new data product lines.
Knowledge of cloud & artificial intelligence technologies, AI trends and market drivers, and global experience will be important in this role.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Build a world class, inclusive team of digital transformation leaders with data analytics, AI, and ML expertise, which reflects our growth mindset culture
- Collaborate with subject matter experts across the business to ensure that the business functions of the delivered solution match customer requirements
- Serve as a change agent, championing new customer- and industry-focused data and AI strategies within the organization and with partners and customers
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to develop high quality deliverables across all phases of a project (from identifying and defining process flows and use cases to user acceptance testing)
- Leverage industry experience to consult and influence the client's direction
- Demonstrate commitment to and enthusiasm for customer success by ensuring the delivered product is fully-functioning, performs to business requirements defined and approved by the client, and meets or exceeds expectations
- Develop new accounts and maintain existing accounts by establishing a personal working relationship with key decision makers and influencers based on value, knowledge, trust, and character
- Conduct on-site customer visits with new and existing customers for the purpose of consultative selling solution experience
- Develop and deliver superior proposals and presentations showing business value to customers
- Understand the competitive industry environment and use that knowledge to maximize sales opportunities
- Build, deepen and maintain high level contacts with current and prospective business partners to increase market penetration and brand recognition.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 3-8 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) regular employees and/or contractors/third party outsourced vendors. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- 10+ years of experience in leading data and AI, intelligence programs and teams delivering business impacting solutions and successfully shipping AI-powered solutions from strategy into production.
- Proven ability to develop monetizable business capability leveraging highly differentiated, industry and cross-industry data and AI programs and talent.
- 15+ years of industry expertise with C-suite and board level engagement in multiple industries. Ability to serve as a mentor or co-thinker for Chief Data, Analytics Officers, business operations and control functions
- Experience with design of cloud incubation marketplace & insights as a service, pay-as-you-go models leveraging open-source standards and technology.
- 10+ years of experience in developing relationships with government and regulatory agencies to serve as an influencer of global privacy, data sovereignty mandates and industry compliance challenges.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture processes, methods, and frameworks (value streams, capabilities, strategy alignment), including proficiency in business process modeling and redesign, requirements management, and research tools
- Proven success selling in an EdTech or technology industry
- Product management experience/attitude to be able to assess the needs and desires of multiple stakeholders and deliver solutions.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) from discovery to delivery
- Forward thinking individual that has a balance of practical hands-on technical and business process experience
- Aptitude to learn quickly and a superb attention to detail and process orientation
- Ability to think creatively and strategically with a focus on achieving outcomes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate, partner, and collaborate
- Dedication to achieving outstanding customer results
- Ability to travel 25% of the time
- Ability to clear required background check
- Business Architecture Certification, such as CBA or equivalent
- MBA or Masters degree in engineering or related field with industry R&D and data products commercialization focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is virtual and open to residents of the 50 states and Washington, D.C.
Compensation & Benefits: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections.
- We anticipate the salary range to be $187,000 to $253,000 per year. Eligible employees may receive a bonus. This salary is not guaranteed, as an individual’s compensation can vary based on several factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, geographic location, experience, training, education, and local market conditions. Stride offers a robust benefits package for eligible employees that can include health benefits, retirement contributions, and paid time off.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.