The Account Representative, Solution Sales is a quota carrying role responsible for collaborating with the field-based sales team to achieve team sales goals for the PowerSchool product lines. Responsible for prospecting, qualifying and building relationships with new customers, and extending relationships with existing customers in the assigned market. While the primary objective of this position is to achieve specific product line sales goals in the Strategic segment, successful candidates for this role will also have a strong business acumen and be able to serve as a strategic partner to Superintendents, Chief Information Officers, Chief Technology Officers and other school business officials or district administrators.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work with both new and existing customer base to promote PowerSchool's analytics products and services with emphasis on establishing new business and expanding current relationships.
- Requires an individual to become well versed in a subset of PowerSchool's products and services, beyond basic features and benefits.
- Ability to initiate opportunity with district leaders and other administrators, directors and other staff – top down and bottoms up.
- Find, progress and close new logo and cross-sell business.
- Drive successful discovery, objection-handling, deal-strategy, deal close-planning and deal timeline management.
- Build and maintain a 4x pipeline with excellent forecast accuracy practices.
- Develop tailored proposals with executive-level summaries, and negotiate complex multi-year contracts.
- Ability to meet and/or exceed revenue goals and activity measurements.
- Maintain a home office, be self-directed and focused on achievement of sales booking and revenue goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-7 years+ experience in sales including enterprise technology sales.
- Proven history of carrying and attaining quarterly/annual quota targets (with a minimum of $1m as an annual target).
- Proven experience in managing long, complex sales cycles (9+ months) and orchestrating various groups (Sales, Solution Engineers, Marketing, Engineering, Executives, etc) in flawless sales execution across an accounts multiple buying personas.
- Experience selling K-12 or EdTech software solutions preferred.
- Ability to accurately forecast sales on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Excellent presentation and product demonstration skills.
- Works well in a collaborative environment.
- Strong executive presence with experience in calling on c-suite level of customers.
Competencies – What someone needs to do in the role
Problem Solving | Gather and Process Information
Strategic Thinking | Influence Others
Analytical Reasoning | Adapt/Resilient Mindset
Grit Mentality | Articulate Communicator
Manage Conflict | Be Accountable
Personal Attributes – What someone enjoys doing
Winning | Building and fostering relationships
Taking risks | Networking
Asking for the business | Solving problems
Getting past no | Planning and organizing
Meeting new people | Collaborating
Compensation & Benefits
PowerSchool offers the following benefits:
Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pharmacy benefits, Life Insurance and AD&D)
Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts
Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability
Comprehensive 401(k) plan
Generous Parental Leave
Unrestricted paid time off (known as Discretionary Time Off - DTO)
Paid Community and Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
Wellness Program, including ClassPass& Employee Assistance Program
Optional Benefits: Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection, Student Debt Repayment Program and Prepaid Legal coverage
A reasonable estimate of the base compensation range for this position is $59,090 – $115,000. The compensation range is specific to the United States and incorporates many factors including but not limited to an applicant’s skills and prior relevant experience and training; licensures, degrees, and certifications; internal equity; internal pay ranges; and market data/range parameters.
PowerSchool is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. PowerSchool is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. Our inclusive culture empowers PowerSchoolers to deliver the best results for our customers. We not only celebrate the diversity of our workforce, we celebrate the diverse ways we work. If you have a disability and need an accommodation regarding our recruiting process, please let us know by emailing email@example.com. #LI-CH1 #LI-FOLSOM