Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
The purpose of the Associate Student Advisor is to monitor and communicate with students in order to retain them and ensure that they successfully progress through their educational programs. The Associate Student Advisor follows designated standard operating policies for their assigned students to build and maintain student relationships, performs proactive and reactive communication, facilitates degree planning, and manages student documentation. The Associate Student Advisor is knowledgeable of the academic programs of study offered at their designated school, in the online format. This position reports to a Retention Manager.
How you will make an impact:
- Work with students to develop personalized plans to successfully complete academic goals.
- Build relationships with students by completing advising appointments and recording information in the student’s CRM profile.
- Follows department workflow, school-specific workflow, and additional workflow items as directed by Retention Team Lead or Retention Manager.
- Reviews and updates information collected from advising appointments of new students to help identify strengths and challenges for college readiness and motivation which drives adaptive communication strategy.
- Reviews and adjusts work tasks/prioritization based on self-compliance report checks and through discussion with Senior Student Advisor or Retention Team Lead.
- Assist students with setting and maintaining personal and educational goals.
- Monitor Retention Trait Check activity, to include but not limited to student performance, class participation, goals as well as student communication patterns for assignment of retention risk status.
- Complete communication efforts according to a contact strategy for assigned retention status.
- Maintain student record management detailing student demographic information, registration information, and all communication records.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we look for:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree.
- Desired: Bachelor’s degree with one to three years of academic advising experience.
- Work experience in Learning Management systems, preferably Moodle, Blackboard, or Canvas and CRM software, Salesforce.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
We are proud that our workplace promotes continual learning and internal mobility. Our values support courageous teammates, needle movers and learning champions all while striving to support the health and well-being of all employees, for example we offer meeting-free Friday afternoons allowing more time for heads down work and professional development.
We are committed to fair, transparent pay, and we strive to provide competitive compensation in addition to a comprehensive benefits package. This range represents Wiley’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the base pay for this role at the time of posting. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall within the range, however the ultimate salary offered for this role may be higher or lower and will be set based on a variety of non-discriminatory factors, including but not limited to, geographic location, skills, and competencies.
Location/Division: United States
Job Requisition: ASA04
Remote Location: Yes
Time Type: Full Time
Target Base Pay Range: 38,000 - 42,000