Business Development Associate
Remote – US
Anthology offers the largest EdTech ecosystem on a global scale, supporting over 150 million users in 80 countries. Our mission is to provide dynamic, data-informed experiences to the global education community so that learners and educators can achieve their goals.
We believe in the power of a truly diverse and inclusive workforce. As we expand globally, we are committed to making diversity, inclusion, and belonging a foundational part of not only our hiring practices but who we are as a company.
For more information about Anthology and our career opportunities, please visit www.anthology.com
The Business Development Associate (BDA) for Anthology Academy will act as a strategic partner to the Global Markets team to follow up on and develop leads for Academy to higher education institutions. The BDA will add value throughout the sales process in initial discovery, tailored Academy demonstrations, and client on-boarding. This position will also play an important role in additional sales enablement efforts such as marketing and internal communication about the Academy.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and delivering demos to show the value of the Anthology Academy to higher education institutions
- Generating qualified leads for the Global Markets team so they can provide a quick response to customers
- Prospecting potential customers via cold calling, email, or other forms of communication to ensure they are added to the sales pipeline and produce more qualified leads
- Understanding the value of Anthology Academy and being able to effectively share that with clients and within Anthology
- Keeping the content and demos used to support prospect/customer/internal presentations current
- Maintaining the client database to make sure the sales team can access current information on all leads
- Providing prompt and thorough feedback on pricing, contract, and general questions related to Anthology Academy, internally and externally
- Developing and maintaining communication stream between the Global Markets team and the Anthology Academy team
- Staying up to date on new content within Anthology Academy and new functionality within the platform
- Supporting Anthology Academy renewals as needed
- Responding promptly to customer needs and communicating with confidence and passion
- Working effectively with the Anthology proposal team to produce high-quality RFP/RFI and Tender responses in a timely fashion
- This role may require up to 50% travel
- Associate degree or 2-5 years applicable professional experience
- Strong presentation skills and comfort speaking in front of an audience
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Highly organized with an exceptional eye for detail
- Natural storyteller and passion for presenting solutions to problems
- Ability to make effective presentations in time-constrained situations
- Comfort with and ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Able to meet deadlines, follow up on commitments, and act as needed
- Positive team player with the ability to develop and maintain internal and external professional relationships
- Previous sales or solutions engineering experience
- At least 2 years working in higher education or in educational technology
This job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
Anthology is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, protected military/veteran status, or any other legally protected factor.