Tech Elevator is an intensive in-person and online education provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce. Through our full-time and part-time coding bootcamps and company partnerships, we teach students and employees from diverse backgrounds to become software developers—while also helping them to build career-readiness skills and connections through our nationally recognized Pathway Program™.
At Tech Elevator, our mission is to elevate people, companies, and communities and, since 2015, we’ve been transforming lives through technology education. In 2020, we were listed as the 16th fastest-growing education company in the US, and we’ve consistently led our industry in performance outcomes. We are also proud to be listed among Purpose Jobs 2022 Best Places to Work in Midwest Tech.
For us, it’s not just work; every team member contributes to a life-changing program. We work hard to help our students uncover the best version of themselves while working for a brand that empowers every employee to continually evolve and grow.
About the Role: Tech Elevator is seeking a passionate, driven and growth-minded individual to lead the career placement initiatives for our National Live Remote campus of our coding bootcamp.
- Effectively plans, guides, and executes overall Pathway Program experience
- Presents career and placement topics to students as part of the career-readiness curriculum
- Responsible for managing and curating a community of volunteer mentors
- Monitor student learning, activity, and participation in Pathway Program events and exercises
- Think critically about the effectiveness of the program and proactively makes suggestions and takes initiative for improvement to drive outcomes
- Provides effective support strategies to ensure optimal student placement outcomes
- Ensures overall adherence to Pathway Program by the student body. Tracks and follows up on student compliance
- Serves as a personal career coach for all students during the course of the program as well as during their job search after graduation
- Delivers great individual student experience through One on One coaching, encouragement, and fair and impartial support
- Works effectively with a diverse set of students, backgrounds, and personalities
- Conducts behavioral mock interviews and provides constructive feedback to students for improvement
- Works collaboratively with program staff to achieve enrollment targets
- Actively participates in the scheduling, coordination, and execution of events and open houses in support of student enrollment
- Qualifies students through a quality behavioral interviewing process
- Communicates and follows up with candidates post-interview
- Represents Tech Elevator in a quality way through interactions with all stakeholders
- Performs business development activities to expand the hiring network on a national scale
- Maintains high-quality employer interactions to build and enhance the program’s reputation and establish Tech Elevator as a preferred talent source
- Responsible for recruiting and engaging a community of volunteer mentors to support Pathway Program content and student support
- Maintains quality relationships with Alumni network through volunteer mentoring and alumni events. Seeks new ways to support Alumni and aid the awareness of TE grads in the community, fostering further connectivity and brand awareness
Experience and Requirements:
- Excellent interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Ability to multitask effectively, energized by knocking items off the to-do list
- A track record of relationship-based sales or business development
- Experienced in the process of career coaching or recruiting and hiring for technical roles
- Experience: 5+ years in HR, Recruiting, or Account Management roles
- Regular office hours
- Occasional evening and weekend hours as required for events
- Occasional travel
- Remote Role
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Tech Elevator is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age, genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.