We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The Pearson VUE Licensing Specialists are responsible for processing and evaluating a high volume of licensing applications, phone calls and emails regarding the licensing process, and responds to customer inquiries regarding specific licensure questions and inquiries. Licensing Specialists process a variety of applications, each with its own underlying statutes, rules, policies, and other licensing requirements. They serve as a first point-of-contact for licensing and application processing and execute the application process in accordance with the business rules established by the respective state regulatory agencies. This includes application processing that may include license issuance, ensuring educational requirements are met, including guiding, and assisting applicants and licensees via written and oral communication.
Compensation at Pearson is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and specific location. As required by the Colorado, California, Washington State, and New York City laws, the pay range for this position is as follows:
Full-time starting salary is $22.00 per hour
This position is not bonus eligible, and information on benefits offered is here
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Three (3) years of experience in a high-volume processing environment and customer service experience
- Strong data entry experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience analyzing documents for completeness, correctness, and compliance with established procedures.
- Customer service experience, including managing a high volume of calls and emails, and responding to customers in a professional manner.
- Experience working according to detailed policies, procedures, and deadlines.
- Experience utilizing general PC software applications, including Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite (e.g. Word, Excel, Google Drive, Google forms, Google sheets, etc.).
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience working in a financial, regulatory environment, public service, and/or for a nonprofit organization.
- Demonstrated experience working in an environment reviewing, processing, and/or analyzing documents, and collaborating with various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience updating and utilizing databases, including performing data entry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working with professional and occupational licensure policies.
- Bilingual (speak, read, write), Spanish preferred (10% bilingual premium separate from hourly rate)
Our ideal candidate demonstrates teamwork, with the availability to work an assigned eight (8) work hour shift plus a one (1) hour unpaid lunch break between the hours of 6:00AM and 5:00PM Monday - Friday . Candidate must be open to flexible scheduling. Schedule changes, when necessary, will be communicated no less than two weeks in advance. This is a hybrid position that allows for scheduled required “in office” days and scheduled “work from home” days.
- Location: 3131 South Vaughn Way, Suite 205 Aurora CO
- Hybrid Office Work Schedule: 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH weekly
- Onboarding and training will be in office
- Final Interview will be onsite
50% Application Analysis/Processing
- Analyzing documents for completeness, correctness, and/or compliance with laws, rules, policies, and procedures. Requires thorough knowledge of the business rules for a multitude of services and license types.
- Utilizing multiple web-based platforms to document and verify licensing requirements for applicants.
45% Customer Service
- First point of contact for applicant/candidate/producer/agent information.
- Provides accurate and thorough information to the customer base through both verbal and written communication.
- Accurately track and document customer interactions pertaining to licensing applications/records.
- Must retain an in-depth knowledge of business rules set forth by the respective state regulatory agency to accurately guide candidates, applicants, and licensees.
5% Other duties as assigned
- Includes miscellaneous operational duties and support
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.