StarRez, Inc. is the leading student housing and property management platform in the world. Our cloud software solutions serve 1,300 institutions, in 25 countries, with over 3 million beds. With a customer satisfaction score of 99%, many of the most prestigious Universities, Colleges and Property Managers across the globe rely on StarRez to transform their student residential experience. Along with the recent combination of Adirondack Solutions and RMS, this growing scale enables even greater opportunities to expand community value through our product capabilities and services. We provide opportunities for students and residents to Thrive!
StarRez is a portfolio company of Vista Equity Partners, one of the largest and most respected private equity firms in the world.
We are seeking an inspirational and adaptable Director of Sales Development to join the StarRez Marketing team and lead the Sales Development function. You’re a great fit for the role if you have a passion for continuous learning and development, while demonstrating mastery in a spectrum of disciplines: outbound prospecting, personalization, hiring and training team members, and go-to-market planning.
To be successful in this role, you should have an in-depth knowledge of prospecting strategy, lead management, agency management, and coaching. You should also have experience developing prospecting content and templates, planning and managing territory assignments, designing and documenting processes, and mentoring team members. Most of all, we are looking for an exceptional person to help take our Sales Development organization to the next level.
- Work Location: Remote, US
- Travel: Up to 15%. This is an estimate which may vary and could fluctuate up or down based on business need.
- Reporting Structure: Reports to Vice President of Marketing
What You Will Own
- Hiring, mentoring and development of reps.
- Develop and implement Sales Development strategies that can be tracked and measured to analyze performance and drive decision making.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Leadership, Revenue Operations and other business partners to develop successful prospecting plays in support of StarRez’ GTM strategy.
- Partner with New Business and Community Relations teams to achieve/exceed bookings and pipeline goals in support of StarRez sales targets.
- Create and maintain visibility on defined metrics and KPIs for reps and leadership.
- Motivate SDR team members through coaching, regular achievement recognition, incentives, and inspirational leadership.
- Create engagement strategies that include email, Linkedin, calling, and more.
- Identify, recommend, and implement improvements in the areas of process, efficiency, and productivity.
- Partner with Sales Enablement to support long term development of Sales Development team members in their careers.
- Measure and monitor agency achievement of key performance indicators.
Application Deadline: This role will accept applications until February 19th, unless otherwise posted.
- 3+ years of experience leading an SDR team
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience hiring and onboarding SDR’s
- A passion for developing talent and coaching a distributed team to success
- Experience pursuing opportunities with multiple buyers/personas
- Demonstrated understanding of sales processes
- Ability to think logically and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Proven analytical skills and ability to communicate information effectively to the team
- Experience working in a rapidly growing/changing environment
- Experience leveraging outreach automation like Groove, Salesloft, or Outreach
- Experience tailoring prospecting strategies to global regions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strategic thinker and self-starter
- Proven ability to obtain, understand, and leverage market intelligence in the design of strategies
- Ability to automate or templatize processes
- Proven ability to develop and experiment with successful outbound prospecting and account planning strategies
- Experience working in the Higher Education industry or selling into it
Reasons to join our Team:
- A well-established, high-performance company that has been in business for over 30+ years
- Full benefits including health care, paid time off, life insurance, and 401k plan with company match.
- A supportive team environment with emphasis on learning and development opportunities
- Our Promise: You will learn, grow, and be appreciated for your impact and contributions.
- Z-Factor: Our most celebrated value, you will work with a team of caring, high-performing, and passionate people who have fun supporting our vision, innovation, and continuous improvement.
We are proud of our diverse workforce and are dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming environment for all employees. People from various ethnicities, ages, genders, and abilities are encouraged to apply.
Notice to external Recruiters and Recruitment Agencies:
StarRez will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies, headhunters, or any other third parties for this role through this website or directly to any employee. StarRez and any of our subsidiaries will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company. In addition, we ask that you do not reach out to any employee with regards to this position, or any other positions, now, or in the future.