Who We Are
At Thinkful, a Chegg Online Learning Service
, we believe that if schools put in even half the amount of effort that students do the outcomes would be better for everyone. People would have a path to a fulfilling future, instead of being buried under debt. Employers would benefit from a workforce trained for today. And education could finally offer students a return on their investment of both money and time.
We put in outlandish amounts of effort to create an education that offers our students a guaranteed return on their investment. We partner with employers to create a world-class curriculum built for today. We go to the ends of the earth to find mentors who are the best of the best. We invest more in career services for our students than any of our peers. We work hard to be on the ground in the cities our students are. Simply put, no other school works as hard for its students as we do. Students enroll in Thinkful courses to gain the valuable technical and professional skills needed to take them from curious learners to employed technologists.
As a Technical Expert, you will support students by acting as an advisor, counselor, and support system as they complete the course and land their first industry job. To achieve this, you will engage with students using the below range of approaches, known as Engagement Formats. Technical Experts are expected to provide support across all formats when needed, giving you a variety of ways to engage with students!
- Mentor Sessions: Meet with students 1-on-1 in online video sessions to provide technical and professional support as the student progresses through the curriculum.
- Group Sessions: Host online video sessions on topics of your expertise (in alignment with curriculum offerings) for groups of students seeking live support between mentor sessions.
- Grading: Reviewing student checkpoints submissions and delivering written feedback, including analysis of projects and portfolios.
- Technical Coaching: Provide in-demand support to technical questions and guidance requests that come to the Technical Coaching team through text and video in a timely manner. This team also provides the TA support for immersive programs.
- Assessments & Mock Interviews: Conduct 1-on-1 mock interviews and assessments via video calls and provide written feedback to students based on assessment rubrics.
In addition to working directly with students, Technical Experts are expected to maintain an environment of feedback with the Educator Experience team, and to stay on top of important updates via meetings, email, and Slack. Ideal candidates for this team are highly coachable, display genuine student advocacy, and are comfortable working in a complex, rapidly changing environment.
Our Talent Pool
Our talent pool is for qualified candidates not necessarily seeking immediate employment however, open to being considered for a position when it becomes available. There is no need to follow-up on your application. Our recruiters will review resumes on a regular basis to determine and notify candidates if their qualifications match the requirements for the role.
- Part-time position requires a minimum of 10 and a maximum of 30 hours of consistent commitment per week
- 6+ years of digital marketing experience
- Must have professional experience as a digital marketer for a mid-large-size company
- Has professional experience in most of the following topics: Digital Marketing, Campaigns, KPIs, Buyer Personas, Empathy Maps, Market Branding, Style Guides, Creative Briefs, Content marketing, Blogging, Wordpress, Email marketing, Mailchimp, Social Media Marketing, Facebook, Instagram, Paid Social, SEO Paid Search, Google Analytics
- Demonstrates genuine student advocacy and empathy for beginners
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must be coachable and adaptable to a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a reliable, high-speed Internet connection and webcam
- Teaching, mentoring and/or coaching experience a plus
- Fully remote position, with a flexible schedule
- Access to all Thinkful Course Curriculum for your continued learning
- Community of 500+ like-minded professionals looking to impact others and keep their skills sharp
The set rate for this position is $30.00 hourly. The actual pay will vary based on geographic location, job requirements, professional experience, and other factors.
In addition, Chegg offers a comprehensive benefits plan for eligible employees, including medical, dental, vision, life and supplemental life insurance, short-and long-term disability, mental health support, parental leave, paid time off, volunteer time off, paid holidays, 401(k) with matching contributions, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Health Savings Account (H.S.A.) options, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, an Employee Referral Program, Tuition Reimbursement, and other benefits found at: https://www.chegg.com/about/working-at-chegg/benefits/
Why do we exist?
Students are working harder than ever before to stabilize their future. Our recent research study called State of the Student
shows that nearly 3 out of 4 students are working to support themselves through college and 1 in 3 students feel pressure to spend more than they can afford. We founded our business on provided affordable textbook rental options to address these issues. Since then, we’ve expanded our offerings to supplement many facets of higher educational learning through Chegg Study, Chegg Math, Chegg Writing, Chegg Internships, Thinkful Online Learning, and more to support students beyond their college experience. These offerings lower financial concerns for students by modernizing their learning experience. We exist so students everywhere have a smarter, faster, more affordable way to student.
Chegg out our culture and benefits!
Chegg is an equal opportunity employer