As Events & Sponsorship Marketing Manager, you are responsible for the end-to-end strategy and execution of Newsela national and regional marketing events and sponsorships. You will partner closely and execute with marketing and customer team stakeholders on these events and sponsorships to drive demand, growth, and engagement for Newsela.
- Build an events and sponsorship strategy and plan aligned with marketing and customer objectives to drive demand, growth, and engagement for Newsela.
- Partner closely with Sales and Success teams to ensure alignment on strategies and tactics that enable and support the field.
- Execute a comprehensive plan to drive leads and accelerate sales opportunities, including event registration, material development, vendor outreach, direct promotion and advertising, copywriting, run-of-show, set-up, and overall event experience.
- Stay informed on the latest trends and opportunities by researching event concepts, venues, experiential ideas, and vendors.
- Coordinate with program leads across Marketing on GTM plays to maximize marketing program activations before and after the events.
- Track ROI, engagement, and participant feedback to measure results, assess opportunities for improvement, and optimize future events and sponsorships.
- Create and maintain relevant field event management playbooks, including operating processes, procedures, and best practices.
- Track event and sponsorship spend and performance to ensure ROI and meet lead and pipeline goals.
Why you’ll love this role:
- You are skilled at strategic event planning matched with your ability to successfully execute on in-person and virtual events.
- You thrive in collaborating cross-functionally and cross-departmentally to orchestrate large projects from start to finish simultaneously, within tight timelines due to our market seasonality.
- You expect to travel in order to effectively manage and ensure that the events you execute on provide an outstanding customer experience.
Why you’re a great fit:
- You have 5+ years of national and/or field marketing event experience.
- You are passionate about event communication and event branding and have a proven track record of events logistics, planning, and execution for various audiences and sizes of events.
- You are meticulously organized with an ability to work and demonstrate grace under pressure.
- You have strong project management and entrepreneurial skills to work independently on complex projects.
- You are a creative and out of the box thinker that wants to execute on event experiences that stand out from a packed conference agenda.
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and have the ability to move forward in this environment.
Base compensation: $80,000 - $90,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options and benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
Newsela takes authentic, real world content from trusted sources and makes it instruction ready for K-12 classrooms. Each text is published at five reading levels, so content is accessible to every learner. Today, over 3.3 million teachers and 40 million students have registered with Newsela for content that's personalized to student interests, accessible to everyone, aligned to instructional standards, and attached to activities and reporting that hold teachers accountable for instruction and students accountable for their work. With over 15,000 texts on our platform and multiple new texts published every day across 20+ genres, Newsela enables educators to go deep on any subject they choose.
Why you’ll love working at Newsela:
- Health & Wellness: Access to the world’s leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts and resources to stay healthy: mind, body, and soul.
- Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
- Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs and time off to take care of your family and yourself.
- Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
- Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, and integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes.
- Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, and individual development plans aligned with your personal and professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
- Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education and improves the lives of students and teachers.
Disclaimer: Please be aware of recruitment phishing scams affecting Newsela and other employers. Newsela does not use third party services for full time hires. Our recruiting emails will come from an @newsela.com email address. You can reach out to email@example.com if you have concerns about the legitimacy of an email sent by or on behalf of Newsela’s talent acquisition team. Newsela will never ask for financial or banking information from candidates, nor will you be asked for any type of payment as part of consideration for employment with Newsela.