Learning is one of the world’s most powerful forces for change. As the world’s largest learning company, Pearson has been contributing to a profound impact on our world since its formation in 1844. Pearson employs more than 20,000, operates in 70 countries, and delivers products and services in nearly 200 countries. Each one is furthering a common purpose: to help people achieve their highest potential through learning. Towards this goal, Pearson provides a diverse global community with high quality digital content, learning experiences, assessments, and qualifications to build skills and proactively impact our evolving world. Pearson works with globally recognized educational institutions, employers, and governments, deploying its expertise across a broad range of subject matter and age groups.
Tens of millions of people rely on Pearson for learning throughout their lives. Pearson’s knowledge and experience help create the best content delivered in the most appropriate way for the best learner outcomes - whether digitally to help children read or online courses to upskill career-driven professionals. With advances in technology and changes in consumer habits, Pearson helps people reach their goals regardless of their location and preferred learning modality. From carefully designed online resources and rich content, to full course and curriculum support – Pearson’s products address the entirety of a person’s learning starting with formal education to the workplace and beyond.
As a Pearson Education Sales Representative, you are on the front lines of driving and supporting teaching and learning innovation and helping two- and four-year college institutions meet the necessary educational outcomes of access, achievement and affordability to increase student success. You are responsible for selling effective and innovative digital, print and service solutions that address the issues and challenges facing students, faculty and institutions today. To be successful in this role, you must possess a need for achievement, have demonstrated success in meeting or exceeding goals, be comfortable with digital media, and have a passion for education.
This position is eligible to participate in a sales incentive plan, and information on benefits offered is here
Achieving or exceeding territory sales targets by selling course-based solutions to faculty to gain market share, accelerating the shift to subscription-based materials to help address affordability and access issues for students, collaborating with various specialists and account executives to implement effective program-wide or institution-wide solutions, conducting effective back-to-school campaigns that drive student purchase, and working with bookstores to drive sell-through. Key accountability is also tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
This is a remote/home-based position with approximately 65% travel including to local college campuses to national meetings. Relocation package not available for this position.
- Using both campus visits and virtual campus days, consistently call on 15+ faculty per day employing effective consultative sales techniques (including pre-call planning, productive questioning strategies, effective matching and closing) that lead to winning the business.
- Demonstrate superb organizational and follow-up abilities.
- Maintain accurate and timely tracking and forecasting in OneCRM (salesforce.com).
- Work in concert with the assigned enterprise account level salespeople to accelerate the move of courses into Inclusive Access and sell additional services.
- Strategically plan at both the territory and adoption level.
- Deliver effective technology sales presentations to faculty and technology training presentations to students.
- Work in concert with Customer Success organization to ensure effective and efficient support for key customers.
- Implement company initiatives in your sales territory.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Pearson products, platforms, and capabilities.
- Stay abreast of issues impacting the educational industry and factors influencing the market environment.
- Demonstrate collaboration by sharing successful tactics across the district, region, and nationally. Take on assignments with cross-functional task forces as appropriate.
- Meet or exceed subscription targets
- Meet or exceed revenue target
As a Pearson Education Sales Representative, you would receive a highly attractive base salary and uncapped bonus potential, all travel expenses, and an excellent benefits package. In addition, you would take part in an extensive training program and ongoing professional development. Your promotional opportunities would include a variety of positions and levels within sales management, marketing, editorial, digital solutions as well as many other areas.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and successful work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of exceptional sales performance in the higher education market or related industry.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Office tools, mobile technologies, computer applications, and business systems.
- Determination and desire to achieve results
- Optimism and positive energy
- Initiative-taking; self-directed
- Consistent track record for excelling in a fast-paced business environment
- Enthusiasm for the process of needs investigation, problem-solving and meeting customer educational needs
- Ability to build trusting relationships with customers and colleagues and then maintain those relationships through professional empathy and 13 core trust behaviors
- Strong written, oral, and presentational communication skills
- Resilience and the ability to overcome challenges to achieve outcomes
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Collaboration skills - ability to interact and engage with others while working towards a common goal
- Analytical skills – ability to prioritize based on data and to manage tracking to goal
- Change agility – able to adapt quickly and lead others through change
- Learning agility – aptitude for learning new technologies and skills.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law. What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process. Job: