Apple's Instructional Products team is seeking an Instructional Designer to develop end-user materials for Apple TV and Apple’s professional video products. The successful candidate is a self-starter who has a track record managing and delivering dynamic projects simultaneously with minimal oversight along with a background in video production or post-production.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Minimum of four years’ experience creating end-user instructional materials, or equivalent experience.
- Deep technical expertise in video editing, motion graphics, and compositing, along with the ability to synthesize and simplify that knowledge for beginners and pros.
- Experience working with software engineers, UX and graphic designers, and project managers.
- Good knowledge of tvOS, iOS, macOS, and/or web platforms.
You: Love words and language, and have strong opinions about style, grammar, tone, and voice. Are incredibly thorough, and can quickly spot errors and inconsistencies. Are extremely organized, and can keep track of key details. Can handle multiple projects simultaneously, shift gears on a dime when priorities change, and meet aggressive deadlines. Can learn new processes and tools quickly. Enjoy researching an issue and developing innovative solutions. Love collaborating with team members who work in other roles (designers, editors, engineers, marketers), and are happy to iterate on a piece to the point of perfection. Can write clear and engaging content for a variety of formats, and tailor your writing style as needed for different deliverables and audiences.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Technical Writing, Instructional Design, Instructional Technologies, Information Design, Film Production, Film Studies, Mass Communication, Journalism, Animation, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent - Experience in instructional design, UX design, teaching, training, writing, video instruction or tutorial development
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $125,800 and $229,400, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more
about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.