The Software Engineer, Senior will design and maintain web applications for the Windows OS platform. Create and manage software projects to benefit internal Engineering Computer Network (ECN) Windows infrastructure and local enterprise applications. Design and develop applications to meet infrastructure computing needs, integrating multiple sources of data. Collaborate in a team development environment, with staff and student programmers, to gather requirements, participate in design reviews, implement and/or integrate new functionality, maintain systems, and assist with quality assurance. Maintain and enhance security in assigned web applications. Review and revise projects to ensure ADA compliance. Interpret and translate user requests into new applications or enhance feature sets of existing applications. React quickly to resolve unexpected or urgent situations requiring prompt evaluation of problems and actions. Review and evaluate peer projects to ensure quality of coding and conformance to policy, internal procedures, and best practices. Evaluate new technologies for adoption to meet emerging needs of the organization and enterprise.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other relevant computer-related field
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience as a programmer/analyst in Information Technology
- An equivalent combination of required education and work experience will be considered.
- For example, an Associate's degree and six (6) years of experience
- Object-oriented programming using C#/MVC.NE
- Microsoft Windows object oriented programming techniques such as .NET framework
- Working knowledge of Visual Studio 2017/2019
- Working knowledge of third-party libraries and APIs (i.e. WebAPI, REST API, CM API, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of IIS web services, SQL server, data storage, data processing, and database table optimization
- Working knowledge of software source control tools GIT and GITHub
- Ability to analyze, understand, troubleshoot, and document highly complex systems
- Working knowledge of HTML
- Knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and Section 508 Compliance
- Working knowledge of at least two of the following programming languages: C#, C++, or C++.NET
- Windows enterprise system administration
- Working knowledge of PowerShell
- Working knowledge VBScript or JScript
- All new hires will be expected to follow Protect Purdue guidelines.
- Purdue’s benefits summary
- Purdue will not sponsor employment authorization for this position
- A background check will be required for employment in this position
- FLSA: Exempt (Not Eligible For Overtime)
- Retirement Eligibility: Defined Contribution Waiting Period
- Purdue University is an EOE/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.