About the Role:
The DreamBox Learning sales team seeks a high-energy, high-potential individual to lead a sales team focused on growing the DreamBox customer base in California. The ideal candidate understands the challenges facing K-12 districts and schools and the opportunity to use adaptive, personalized, and insight-driven software to impact students. The Strategic Sales Director is a sales leadership position responsible for driving new and renewal business results in California and across the DreamBox organization.
The ideal candidate will also possess a proven track record leading a sales team in midsize or larger EdTech companies, as well as success as an individual contributor exceeding quotas in a complex, solutions sales (products and services) environment selling to a variety of decision makers in K-12. This person will also have strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload.
This will include leading a direct contributor team responsible for:
- Creating state-based territory plans
- Finding and selling new accounts for DreamBox
- Cross-selling new products into existing accounts
- Renewing and expanding existing customers
What You'll Be Doing:
- Partnering with Sales Representatives to build a territory plan that includes the necessary actions to generate growth in each revenue segment for both math and literacy. Revenue segments include new business, renewal, expansion and cross-sell.
- Hiring, where applicable, a team of individuals for both field and volume selling.
- Forecasting the team goal attainment and state of the business on a regular basis.
- Aligning local and state legislative priorities to DreamBox solutions.
- Building strategic relationships with local and state organizations that will build brand awareness and expand revenue opportunities.
- Developing a quarterly team pipeline that is at minimum 3x the quarterly revenue target.
- Partnering with Sales Leadership to influence strategic priorities around cross-selling of dual discipline, seat expansion, gross retention, and urban account relationships.
- Working collaboratively with Sales Leaders to assess health of talent, revenue, and self on a regular basis.
- 8+ years experience in a consultative sales position
- 3+ years experience in sales management with proven track record of territory management, consultative sales, and exceptional client relations
- Working experience in educational software and/or K-12 experience required; specifically Math/Literacy curriculum a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, organizational and verbal/written communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage a diverse workload
- Proficiency working with with the Microsoft Office suite and CRM such as Salesforce (Preferred), Marekto, Gainsight, Vidyard, and/or SalesLoft
- Possess a growth mindset and team-oriented character - motivated by helping others succeed
- Self-starter with the ability to manage/prioritize multiple tasks, demonstrate problem solving/ solution-oriented approach
- Ability to travel, depending on the time of year and needs of the business
- Demonstrated ability to understand, accept, and engage with people of diverse backgrounds
- Legal right to work in the United States
Location: Must be located in California
Compensation and Benefits:
Expected base salary range for this position is $120,000 - $150,000 USD per year based on several factors, including experience and geography. This position is also eligible for an annual incentive bonus or sales commission bonus, depending on the role, and benefits that are designed to support you & your family. If you are hired at DreamBox Learning, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on considerations such as geographic location, skills, responsibilities of the role, education, and/or relevant experience. In addition to those factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider the compensation of our current team members as a part of evaluating and extending any final offer.
We are proud to offer employees and their families a comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Dependent Care
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off - Front Loaded (4 weeks)
- Accrued Sick Time
- DreamBox "Hero Days" Volunteer Time
- Employee Assistance Program
- 9 Paid Holidays + Annual Winter Holiday Break (Typically the last week of December)
DreamBox Learning, the leading K-12 education technology provider, is radically transforming the way the world learns. As the only dual-discipline solution rated STRONG by Johns Hopkins’ EvidenceforESSA.org in both math and reading, DreamBox provides schools with high-quality adaptive learning solutions independently proven to accelerate student growth. Built by educators for educators, DreamBox empowers teachers and district administrators with robust data analytics and content-specific professional development solutions to complement instruction. DreamBox supports over 400,000 educators and approximately 6 million students in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and throughout the United Kingdom, Australia, Canada, and Mexico. For more information, visit https://www.dreambox.com/
At DreamBox, we believe diversity is an essential strength. That’s why we’re committed to providing an inclusive culture, an equitable work environment, and creating the most effective educational products that celebrate the diversity in students, families, communities, and the world. We know that talent exists everywhere, but opportunity does not. Therefore, we are a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, but we don’t make these commitments simply because they’re required by law. We hold ourselves to a higher standard and make these commitments so that everyone at DreamBox can bring their full selves to our important mission. Our identities matter, and in order to create a more just, equitable world, we know it begins with DreamBox being an inclusive workplace that serves as a model for that change.