About The Role
As a Senior Product Manager for Pricing & Monetization, you will be responsible for Udemy’s global pricing product portfolio. This is a critical, high-visibility role with responsibility for a significant portion of the company’s revenue. You will develop the strategy and execution of all aspects of pricing, including machine learning pricing models and experimentation, new local currency launches, new types of promotions, and investment in platforms, APIs, and microservices that enhance our ability to scale and improve pricing and promotions, both on Udemy and through external partners.
You should thrive in an environment where you have the ability to tackle large, ambiguous problems and you should be very comfortable with pulling and understanding data and using it to make informed decisions. Success requires a passion for building great products and enthusiasm for leading high performing teams, working in partnership with engineering, data science, design, other product teams, and business stakeholders, especially on the marketing and legal teams. You will work in an agile & lean product delivery environment while driving projects across the entire product lifecycle – from strategic planning through tactical execution, experimentation, and post-launch measurements. We are seeking a combination of strong vision, strategic leverage, team leadership, excellent written communication, and high-velocity execution.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Lead the strategy, prioritization, and execution for new and existing Pricing & Monetization product and service initiatives across both sides of our marketplace business (student and instructor), and our B2B business (Udemy Business).
- Work closely with Data Science and Payments partners to optimize our pricing ML models for local markets and buying power, and expand into new currencies.
- Work with your engineering team to implement the most impactful product solutions, while constantly weighing cost/benefit and prioritization.
- Work closely with the cross-functional “Pricing Pod” and other stakeholders such as legal and customer support to understand key areas of opportunity and ensure that product launches are successful.
- Lead a dedicated engineering team, while also collaborating with multiple partner engineering teams (e.g. payments, native mobile, Udemy Business) in San Francisco, Dublin, and Turkey.
- Work with User Research and Design as needed for developing customer-facing products.
- Write comprehensive one-pagers that demonstrate a clear understanding of the problem to be solved and solution ideas. Create thorough PRDs to be used through the design, product development, and QA processes.
- Define, monitor and measure product metrics and KPIs, incorporate learnings into product definition and development process.
- Communicate product vision to senior management and various stakeholders across the organization.
We’re excited about you because you:
- Have 4+ years of product management experience
- Have an understanding of economics and the most important factors of pricing in a two-sided marketplace business
- Are excited about highly complex problems, systems, and interactions
- Have great attention to detail but base your strategy on big picture objectives
- Are data and results-driven with great analytical and presentation skills. Solid grasp of SQL for pulling and analyzing data and uncovering areas of opportunity
- Have an experimentation mindset; A/B testing at scale across geographies
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the capability to present to executive leadership
- Have knowledge of agile development methodologies and tools
- Are passionate about the education space and the problems we are solving
Nice to haves:
- BA/BS in Computer Science, a related technical field, or math or economics
- Experience delivering products for two-sided marketplaces, platforms
- Experience with machine learning
- MBA is a plus but not required
If you just can’t wait to learn more about Udemy (believe us, we get it!) and the incredible work that our teams are doing, here are a few more resources:
We understand that not everyone will match the above qualifications 100%. If your background isn’t perfectly aligned but you feel you would be a great addition to the team, we’d love to hear from you.
At Udemy, we’re all about improving lives through the power of learning. We are a leading global learning company and one of the world’s largest education platforms with more than 54 million learners. Our goal is to provide flexible, effective skill development to empower organizations and individuals. Talented people are everywhere, but opportunities can be hard to come by. That’s why we’re focused on revolutionizing learning, using our skills and expertise to help others develop theirs and reach their full potential. Individually, we bring our unique perspective to reimagine the way we share knowledge. Together, we can improve lives by empowering our learners, our instructors, and businesses around the world.
We are proud to be recognized for our world-class employee experience. Learn more about our Great Place to Work certification here
and find out what it's like to work at Udemy on our blog
Udemy is headquartered in San Francisco with global offices in the US, Turkey, Ireland, Australia, India, and Brazil. Learn more on our company page
At Udemy, we value diversity and inclusion and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Eligibility: Regular, full-time employees are eligible for Udemy’s benefit programs.
- Health Plans: Medical, dental, and vision coverage (100% coverage for employee-only).
- HSA/FSA/Commuter: Pre-tax savings/spending plans available; generous HSA employer contributions for those enrolled in the HDHP medical plan.
- Life/Disability: Employer-paid life insurance (supplemental available), in addition to short-term and long-term disability.
- Retirement: Access to 401(k) with annual employer contribution.
- Wellbeing: Corporate memberships for meditation and mindfulness, therapy and coaching, financial planning, primary care, tele-health, health advocacy, parent/newborn support, and employee discounts.
- Education: Free access to the entire course library on the Udemy and Udemy for Business platforms; annual stipend for external learning beginning at six months of employment.
- Charitable Matching Program: Employer match of monetary contributions to eligible nonprofits and charities that carry a 501(c)(3) tax status.
- Vacation: 15 days per year of Paid Time Off for hourly; flexible Discretionary Time Off for salaried.
- Parental Leave: 8 weeks of leave at 100% pay for parents who take time off from work following the date of birth, adoption, or foster placement beginning at six months of employment; this amount is in addition to pregnancy-disability benefits at 100% pay, if applicable.
- Holidays: 11 paid holidays throughout the year