Who we are:
MasterClass is the streaming platform where the world’s best come together so anyone, anywhere, can access and be inspired by their knowledge and stories. We put you in the room with the creators, thinkers, makers and leaders who have changed the world, so that you can change yours.
Members get unprecedented access to 150+ instructors and classes across a wide variety of fields, including Arts & Entertainment, Business, Design & Style, Sports & Gaming, Writing and more. Step into Nas’ recording studio and Gordon Ramsay’s kitchen, and go behind the big screen with James Cameron. Design your career with Elaine Welteroth, get ready to win with Lewis Hamilton, perfect your pitch with Shonda Rhimes and discover your inner negotiator with Chris Voss.
It's a pivotal time for MasterClass – and we want you to be a part of the journey. With a HQ in San Francisco, an office in Waterloo, Ontario, and a future office in Los Angeles, we are looking to expand our team to support the business.
If you want to help make an impact on our members' lives – we want to hear from you!
What we are looking for:
- Strong technical understanding, product sense, analytical ability, and clear communication skills
- Strategic problem-solving skills and data-driven decision-making abilities
- Experience working effectively with various stakeholders
- Ability to make product decisions using data and user research (when you have it)
- Ability to make product decisions in ambiguous spaces with limited data (when you don't have much of it)
- Passionate and knowledgeable about consumer tech
- Effective communication skills and the ability to influence other team members
Responsibilities of the role:
- In this role, you will own and drive strategy for high visibility and high impact initiatives for the consumer team.
- Collaborate with Eng, UX, Data and other XFN teams to execute on feature delivery and deliver measurable impact across the business
- Sprint planning. Prioritize features and projects for upcoming & future development
- Analyze experiment results and make launch/no-launch decisions
- Share product updates with xfn working and extended group on a regular basis
- Present product updates to leadership at product reviews
- 2+ years of product management experience
- Demonstrated attention to detail and structured thinking
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Eligible to work in the United States legally
- Experience working on a consumer-facing product
- Knowledge and passion for education, online experiences, and brand growth
$106,000 - $136,500
The salary range above is for NYC/CA/WA. As a company, we have a location based strategy, which means the disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for any applicable geographic differential associated with the location where the position may be filled.
MasterClass’s salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. In addition to salary, we also offer equity and comprehensive benefits (medical, dental, vision, flexible PTO, and more). The range above is for the expectations as laid out in the job description, however we are often open to a wide variety of profiles, and recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with you as a candidate.
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you. #LI-EC1