At Instructure, our vision is to help people learn, develop, and engage from their first day at school to their last day of work. Our goal is simple: create more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here’s your opportunity...
We are looking for a Principal Consultant to work with large K12 institutions as part of our Learning & Strategy Consulting team. Principal Consultants help customers to manage change and to deepen and elevate their use of Instructure products to meet pedagogical goals across their organization by offering strategic planning, customized consultation, applicable resource development, pedagogical expertise, and hands-on targeted coaching. With an aim to lead positive change, increase platform adoption, enhance learner engagement, and drive organization-specific initiatives, the team tailors both content and the customer experience to support institutions.
This position will focus specifically on working with project sponsors, institution leaders, instructional designers, instructional consultants, faculty, and other staff to effectively use Instructure products to meet the organization’s instructional goals. Providing exceptional customer service to maintain strong relationships will be critical in this role. A successful Principal Consultant will help the customer plan for change, increase and enhance Instructure product use across the organization, incorporate pedagogical best practice, and build capacity within the organization to sustain their use after the consulting period is over.
This person must be located in Albuquerque, New Mexico or be willing to relocate.....
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to create and execute effective and detailed communication, training, and engagement plans.
- Act as an agent of change within the organization to support the implementation of the institution vision and goals for Instructure products.
- Use data effectively and follow an inquiry process to share your analysis of challenges, apply targeted strategies, and elevate the teaching and learning within Instructure products.
- Mentor and motivate institution leaders, faculty, designers, and staff on all things Canvas, and inspire educators to achieve unparalleled awesomeness with these products.
- Listen to the needs of the institution and help to meet those needs with Instructure products, including building adoption resources, model courses, and other key deliverables.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct consulting sessions using appropriate tools and organizational skills. Help leaders make connections between product usage and instructional best practices for learners.
- Follow-up after consulting sessions to monitor progress and promote success.
- Collaborate with team members, Instructure employees, and customers to enhance Canvas use across the organization.
- Prepare, curate, and deliver amazing help documents, incredible course materials, and superstar presentations that are specific to the organization.
- Demonstrate a willingness to tackle any task that supports the customer’s rollout of Canvas, while also following internal procedures, Instructure security and privacy protocols, and institution policies.
- Travel to support the rollout of Instructure products as need and appropriate.
- Identify areas where additional support, training, or consulting are needed.
Here is what you will need to know/have:
- At least two years of Canvas experience required, more preferred, including making awesome and engaging Canvas courses that are responsive to and inclusive of teaching and learning needs in a digital learning environment.
- At least one year of experience with other Instructure tools.
- At least one year in an educational leadership position overseeing a team who supports the use of a learning management system for pedagogical purposes, more preferred.
- Experience leading change, building strong relationships, and rolling out a technology platform to a large organization.
- At least one year of experience building effective professional development for educators.
- At least three years of teaching experience, including experience with a digital learning environment.
- Current knowledge of technology adoption strategies, professional development protocols, and educational technology best practices.
- Impeccable executive leadership presence and top notch verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Creative thinking, strong problem solving skills, and attention to detail.Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience with delivering awe-inspiring presentations in an educational environment and the ability to keep consulting sessions fresh, fun, effective, and relevant.
- Ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Willingness to tackle any task that supports the customer’s rollout of Instructure products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional Technology, or equivalent. Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership or Instructional Technology a plus.
- Willingness to travel to client sites may be required. Future assignments may require additional travel and extended onsite engagements in other locations.
Get in on all the awesome at Instruture:
- Competitive salary, equity and 401k
- paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Lots of paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Fitness club memberships
- iMac or Macbooks
We’ve always believed in hiring the most awesome people and treating them right. We know that the more diverse we are, the more diverse our ideas will be and when we openly welcome those ideas, our environment is better and our business is stronger.
At Instructure we participate in E-Verify and yes, in case you didn't catch it from the above, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All Instructure employees are required to successfully pass a background check upon being hired.