Are you a problem solver with a desire to develop, automate and test? We’re in need of a creative and passionate Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) on a high performing agile software development team. You’ll work with a dynamic team comprising of Quality Engineers, Developers, Business System Analysts, and Software Project Managers and report to the Product Engineering Manager. You’ll be asked to test software using an automation framework, create reports, perform software analysis, perform functional, regression and performance testing, apply black box and white box testing techniques and become a subject matter expert in your teams’ owned applications. You will also be asked to lead the testing automation best practices group and work to enhance and expand the testing frameworks and tools.
- Create, review and execute feature test cases within the automation framework (Selenium with Gauge framework in Java)
- Collaborate with developers and quality engineers to enhance regression coverage and maintain the automated regression suit
- Create, enhance, maintain testing utilities as needed
- Demonstrate leadership and mentoring capabilities with SDETs and team members
- Review, create and execute manual test cases
- Create defects and keep the storyboard up to date
- Establish and follow industry standard automation testing methodology
- Identify process improvements, conduct gap and root-cause analysis, and make recommendations for efficiency to peers and management.
- Actively participate in Agile development, testing and CI/CD methodologies
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent technology experience
- 4+ years minimum Java development
- 3+ years programmatic integration with relational database systems (SQL Server)
- Experience in automation of web service APIs (REST/SOAP)
- Experience in automation of web, mobile device, localization, accessibility and security
- Experience in creating and socializing QA and Automation best practices
- Experience performing software evaluations and proof of concept activities
- Experience in CI/CD environment (TeamCity)
- 3+ years Agile experience
- Ability to test front end and back-end solutions
- Experience in running Test Strategy reviews
- Experience in performing code and test case reviews
- Experience with test-driven development
- Desire to expand knowledge in many development languages, applications, and tools
- Proven ability to quickly learn new processes and tools, business domains and technical applications
- Must have strong time management skills - including ability to plan, set priorities, adapt to change, work well under pressure, and meet established timelines
- Must have a positive and energetic demeanor
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Creative problem-solving skills
- SikuliX API
- Experience with Splunk monitoring
- Experience with New Relic Synthetics & Insights
Note: Add the Colorado/New York City pay transparency act.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose – to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world’s leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racist company in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson’s commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here: http://www.pearson.com/careers/diversity-and-inclusion.html
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Organization: Assessment & Qualifications
Req ID: 9046