Senior Director, Sales Operations
Would you like to advance your career with a leader in academic information systems?
Would you like to influence sales and go to market strategy?
About our Team
Interfolio, an Elsevier company, builds innovative products for the global higher education and research communities. Interfolio provides academic information systems to support collaboration and academic decision-making. Interfolio is the leading provider of research impact tracking software. We make it easy for researchers, universities, and funders to evaluate the impact of their research. Our technology enables funders to better track and understand their research enabling them to advocate for further investment. We capture outcomes of research beyond academic publications, reach a wide range of stakeholders.
About the Role
In this role, you will be responsible for managing commercial systems, metrics, data, and general sales operations. You will lead a highly cross-functional team that supports our commercial organization through various lead to cash activities. You will lead special projects for the organization, and influence sales and go to market strategy.
- Overseeing commercial systems, their implementation, development, and continuous support, including Salesforce CRM.
- Developing robust reporting and analytics to measure performance. Identifying leading indicators, trends and potential challenges or opportunities in all lead to cash processes.
- Supporting meeting cadences, sharing insights and regular reporting to stakeholders within the business (e.g., Renewal Council reporting, Sales Forecasting, etc.)
- Ensuring high-quality support for commercial “paperwork” processes, including; order and contract management, RFP Responses, commissions, and invoicing.
- Assisting in organizational and commercial goal setting, and tracking.
- Partnering with finance to ensure accurate and consistent reporting throughout the organization.
- Representing Interfolio’s commercial organization in cross-company initiatives.
- Have MBA or equivalent experience
- Have experience managing or supporting a Salesforce environment.
- Demonstrate progressive experience in revenue operations, sales operations, or related functions with commercial SaaS teams.
- Possess excellent leadership skills, capable of fostering collaboration and growth within teams.
- Have highly developed business acumen and understanding of standard SaaS and Sales metrics.
- Demonstrate excellent problem solving skills in instances ranging from hands-on and tactical to strategic and influential.
Work in a way that works for you
We promote a healthy work/life balance across the organization. We offer an appealing working prospect for our people. With numerous wellbeing initiatives, shared parental leave, study assistance and sabbaticals, we will help you meet your immediate responsibilities and your long-term goals.
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working for you
We know that your wellbeing and happiness are key to a long and successful career. These are some of the benefits we are delighted to offer:
- Health Benefits: Comprehensive, multi-carrier program for medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement Benefits: 401(k) with match and an Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Wellbeing: Wellness platform with incentives, Headspace app subscription, Employee Assistance and Time-off Programs
- Short-and-Long Term Disability, Life and Accidental Death Insurance, Critical Illness, and Hospital Indemnity
- Family Benefits, including bonding and family care leaves, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Health Savings, Health Care, Dependent Care and Commuter Spending Accounts
- Up to two days of paid leave each to participate in Employee Resource Groups and to volunteer with your charity of choice
About the Business
A global leader in information and analytics, we help researchers and healthcare professionals advance science and improve health outcomes for the benefit of society. Building on our publishing heritage, we combine quality information and vast data sets with analytics to support visionary science and research, health education and interactive learning, as well as exceptional healthcare and clinical practice. At Elsevier, your work contributes to the world’s grand challenges and a more sustainable future. We harness innovative technologies to support science and healthcare to partner for a better world.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to providing a fair and accessible hiring process. If you have a disability or other need that requires accommodation or adjustment, please let us know by completing our Applicant Request Support Form: https://forms.office.com/r/eVgFxjLmAK